Our engineers focus on the assets that form the foundation of our transport system. The role of a technician within London Trams is an essential part of TfL. It’s especially important as Croydon is a rapidly growing part of London, with much development going on.
- Gaining an appreciation of obsolescence management, as well as an understanding of material requirements planning and assisting in materials movements within SAP.Developing an understanding of various control room processes that manage disruptions and incidents on the network and how the control room manage access to the Tramway.
- Offers insight into the cyclical maintenance activities that the London Trams Civils team carry out.
- An opportunity to learn about the purpose of highways inspections and the health and safety legislation requirements that relate to the Civils team.
- Developing an understanding of the track maintenance regime, a basic understanding of track componentry and undertaking maintenance work with the Track team.
- Please note that you’ll be required to provide original certificates and/or predicted grades as proof for your eligibility checks.
- You’re not eligible for this scheme if you currently hold or are working towards a qualification at the same or higher level in a related subject or have already studied content from the qualification for this scheme.
- You should already hold or be working towards a minimum of 2 GCSEs (or equivalent) A*-C or grade 4 and above including Maths and English Language.
- Please be advised that should you be successful in getting an offer for this scheme, your offer will be subject to a satisfactory medical which may include but is not limited to: drugs and alcohol screening, eye test and hearing test.
- You must be 18 years of age before the start date to be eligible for this scheme.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/AApply Here