The Mayor of London has a high-reaching programme to deliver an affordable, accessible, safe and modern transport network to our city and its visitors. Our Project Management team is responsible for delivery of the hundreds of projects and new initiatives that impact Londoners every day; from new cycle lanes, upgrading train tracks and signalling systems, designing safer road layouts to providing world-leading information and ticketing systems. Our business plans will make this programme a reality by increasing the capacity and stability of our network to cope with growing passenger numbers. It is an ongoing balance between running the network and investing in it for the future. You will be a part of the team that delivers this investment programme to improve the network which is vital in ensuring we manage modern demands effectively on an ageing transport network, in order to keep London moving.
- You’ll gain stakeholder management experience with some of the biggest transport contractors in the UK. You’ll support the Project Manager in contract management, package handovers, assessing risks and managing the budget.
- You will be working towards a Level 4 apprenticeship qualification by completing a portfolio of work and a professional discussion.
- You’ll learn to consolidate and manage planning schedules, support the development of business cases for new projects so that the team can ensure they reach financial targets whilst gaining exposure to different type of engineering and technology projects.
- You should already hold, or be working towards, a minimum of 2 GCSE’s Grade A* – C or Grade 4 and above, including Maths and English Language, plus 2 A-Levels in any subject at grade A* – D or equivalent.
- Please be advised that should you be successful in getting an offer for this scheme, your offer will be subject to a satisfactory medical which may include but is not limited to: drugs and alcohol screening, eye test and hearing test.
- You are not eligible for this scheme if you currently hold or are working towards a qualification at the same or higher level in a related subject or have already studied content from the qualification for this scheme.
- You must be 18 years of age by September 2022 to be eligible for this scheme.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/AApply Here