Website State of Oregon
The Service Operations unit within DCS works with customers to resolve issues and process customer requests for DCS services. It provides support and creates operational reports using tools used by DCS for ticket management. It monitors systems status and works with DCS technology domains to proactively maintain technology systems for maximum availability. It manages service outages using an Incident Management framework and manages changes to the environment through a robust Change Management program. It manages the DCS disaster recovery program and resilient site planning and management. The Service Operations team also manages all aspects of technology assets employed by DCS including asset tagging and tracking, lifecycle management, and the quoting process in support of the procurement unit for assets.
- You will serve as the central point of contact and liaison with the DCS customers and technicians in all program development, testing, planning and execution activities for the ITSM program.
- You will be responsible for the overall process and framework of the ITSM program including: Incident, Change, Event, Problem, Request/ Service Catalog, Knowledge, Asset, etc. You will write and revise policy, procedures, and processes in support of the ITSM program.
- You will analyze program needs, identify program gaps, and opportunities for improving the maturity of the program.
- For a complete listing of the duties and responsibilities for this position please review the position description.
- You will advise and make recommendations related to Information Technology Infrastructure
- Library (ITIL) standards and best practices to DCS management, EIS staff, and agency customers.
- You will write reports, develop performance metrics, and present to DCS and agency customers on the status of the ITSM program objectives.
- You will be responsible for the planning, design, and implementation of changes to technical process architecture, system workflows and configuration, and communication outputs.
- Demonstrated skill and experience in project management (PMP or Oregon Project Management Certification (OPMCP) preferred)
- Demonstrated skill and ability to collaborate with teammates and build positive business relationships with superiors, subordinates, peers and others outside of their organization
- Ability to speak to and present to audiences of 50 or more in mixed environments (online, in person).
- Demonstrated skill with well rounded experience in Information Technology
- Ability to translate, in written and oral communications, highly technical or complex content to non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated skill navigating between highly technical subject matter experts and executive-level leadership
- Experience leading groups with diverse backgrounds and competing interests to consensus and actionable plans
Company: State of Oregon
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Salem, Oregon, US
Application Deadline: N/A