Website State of Maryland
A Services Specialist is the full performance level of work directing one or more general services functions such as but not limited to: building, housekeeping, grounds keeping services; risk management; fleet management; forms management; mail/courier services; inventory, purchasing and supplies; clerical services; receptionist/switchboard; records management; reproduction services; security service; space allocations; and telecommunications for State departments, agencies or facilities. Employees in this classification may supervise the work of clerical, skilled or semi-skilled employees. Employees in this classification receive general supervision from a designated administrator. Employees in this classification may be assigned day, evening or night shifts which may include weekends and holidays.
- Maintains records and prepares reports pertaining to supplies, necessary repairs and equipment;
- May supervise the work of clerical, skilled or semi-skilled employees performing various general services activities;
- May serve as an assistant to an Agency Buyer responsible for agency or facility procurement services;
- Estimates needs and requisitions supplies and equipment;
- Inspects assigned areas to ensure work is performed in accordance with instructions and that any adjustments that may be necessary are made;
- Establishes and modifies operational methods and procedures within assigned areas of responsibility;
Qualification & Experience:
- One year experience with database programs and spreadsheets utilizing Microsoft.
- One year of experience dealing with the disposal and inventory control of property at any governmental level.
- One year experience handling sensitive materials/documents.
- One year of experience with fleet management.
- Lifting of 50lbs or more (boxes, equipment, etc.)
Company: State of Maryland
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Baltimore, Maryland, US
Application Deadline: N/AApply Here