Website Southwest Airlines
Southwest will provide a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.Solid experience in designing, writing program code, testing, documenting, and implementing functionally appropriate, technically sound, and well-integrated application systems in accordance with Customer requirements, organizational methodologies, and standards. Respond to production problems and implement immediate resolution efforts across technology areas.
- Analyzes and resolves multiple complex problems without direction.
- Partners with production testers to identify defects and complete testing.
- Tests and implements system enhancements using techniques that preserve system integrity.
- May perform other job duties as directed by Employee’s Leaders.
- Partners to maintain systems, manages escalation issues and regular functionality.
- Maintains established procedures and standards to ensure high quality and quantity of work.
- Triages, researches potential defects, and completes repairs. Transition of features to Business support.
- Responsible for and oversees immediate response and maintenance to production program issues.
- Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description.
- Understands dependency identification processes in technology work, verifies information and carefully reviews and checks the accuracy of own work.
- Remains abreast of industry trends and applies to day -to-day work.
- Able to develop, present and effectively communicate ideas and strategies to a variety of audiences.
- Solid knowledge of at least one required programming language.
- Able to take on multiple assignments, whether administrative or project related, while maintaining a successful level of completion in all responsible work. Able to mentor others to do the same.
- Demonstrates consistent knowledge application, skills of software development, and testing to solve a range of problems.
- Solid knowledge of software development methodologies, practices, concepts, and technologies obtained through formal training and / or work experience.
- Able to analyze and manage large, complex, and vague Business or technical problems, articulating the problem or root cause, and translating the analysis into viable solution recommendations.
- Strong partnering, communication, and negotiation skills in working with various Technology or partner Teams.
Qualification & Experience:
- Attention to detail and a willingness to take time to think things through and do them the right way, preferred.
- 2 years experience working on an Agile Development Team, preferred.
Track record of delivering valuable software and the ability to reason about it, preferred.
- Experience working with or building applications using Micro services architecture, preferred.
- Experience developing REST based web services, preferred.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, organization, problem solving, and prioritization skills, preferred.
- Experience writing unit tests and integration tests, preferred.
Company: Southwest Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/AApply Here