As Compliance Manager, you will be accountable for the full implementation and management of Quality Health, Safety and Environment, and Training for our contract. The role can be home based,our office HQ is located in Portishead. Travel will be required a few times a week. a site vehicle will be available for business travel across our contract/
- Formulate and agree with Contracts Manager an Annual Health Safety and Environment plan and an Annual Training Plan
- Ensure that all actions on the annual plan are implemented in full in the planned time frame.
- Chair Monthly Health, Safety and Environment and HR meetings with management team.
- Take the lead on all Company Health Safety and Environment and HR initiatives/ campaigns.
- Take a proactive approach and responsibility for creating a positive safety culture which brings improvement to safety behaviors and creates a zero harm environment.
- Compile a Risk Register for the site and support Contract Manager with the maintenance and management of this.
- Deliver formal and inform training, maintain accurate training records.
- Management of near misses, accidents and RIDDOR investigations, and follow up actions.
- Assist Contract Manager with preparation and management of Business Continuity Plans.
- Identify training and development needs, organize courses, validate training, update training plan
- Generate and analyse reports/databases/spreadsheets relating to all Health & Safety, Training and HR matters
- Manage absenteeism and performance, implement all HR policies.
- Complete a weekly safety walk in different locations within the facility, ensuring that all actions are closed out by the relevant parties within 2 weeks.
- Develop Risk assessments and method statements for all specialised works.
- Manage subcontractors on site, ensuring all RAMS and work permits are issued prior to any works taking place on site.
The Ideal Candidate
- Solid grounding and practical experience in working in facilities management areas
- Reporting: Ability to write persuasive and effective reports and communications, which clearly define findings and their causes, and recommendations made.
- Analytical Skills: Must possess strong analytical skills.
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written) are required.
- Excellent facilitation and coaching skills
- Knowledge of different training methodologies
- Expert user of Microsoft office applications – excel, word, powerpoint
- Planning & Organisation – the ability to re-prioritise quickly when business needs change
- Willingness to learn and develop skill set
- Able to travel for business needs
- Health and safety qualification – NEBOSH Level 3 certificate essential
- Membership of professional bodies – IOSH
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £25,000.00 per year
- Discounted or free food
- On-site parking
- Sick pay
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Weston-super-Mare, Somerset: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor’s (preferred)