We currently have an excellent opportunity for a Chef to join our friendly team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
Working Hours: 30 hours per week with working one in four weekends
Weeks not working the weekend hours are flexible to suit candidate from the hours between 07:00 a.m – 19:00 pm
- To manage all day to day aspects of preparation and presentation of the food service offer to the Company’s standards
- Prepare food to the highest standard of quality at all times.
- Follow recipes and instruction, as directed by line manager and in accordance to the required food offer
- To provide an efficient and friendly service to customers in all areas of the catering department
- To ensure that food is presented and served in a clean, hygienic environment
- Ensure all necessary documentation is completed to comply with company and industry standards
- To communicate well with customers and demonstrate a helpful attitude at all times
- To undertake cleaning and ensure all aspects of equipment and production area cleaning is completed: walls up to 6ft, floors, fixtures, fittings, pots, pans, cutlery, crockery, glassware etc., to the Company’s standard according to the cleaning rota or as directed
- Ensure that methods of preparation, production and presentation comply with Sodexo’s standards and procedures.
- Comply with all Company & Client policies, site rules and statutory regulations relating to Health & Safety, safe working practices, hygiene, cleanliness, fire and COSHH. This will include your awareness of any specific hazards in your work place.
- Ensure that all equipment used, is in safe working order and report any faults to line manager, ensuring the equipment is not used until safe.
- To fulfil any other reasonable requests
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate for this role will be:
- Experienced in working in a busy kitchen environment
- Passionate for producing fresh food to a high standard
- Customer focused
- A strong communicator
- Experienced at working with a team
- Complying to health, safety and hygiene standards
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: £12.00 per hour
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted or free food
- Employee discount
- Gym membership
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Private dental insurance
- Private medical insurance
- Store discount
- Wellness programme