Additional reporting line to:
Customer Service Manager
Horizon Place, Luton
1. Purpose of the Job – State concisely the aim of the job.
- Assisting in the production and service of food according to Service Level Agreement while maintaining correct levels of Health & Safety.
2. Context and main issues – Describe the most difficult types of problems the jobholder has to face (internal or external to Sodexo) and/or the regulations, guidelines, practices that are to be adhered to.
- Continuously working to high quality of service delivery
- Adapt to different service needs for a range of customers
- Working in a fast-paced environment and working effectively to delivery 5-star customer satisfaction
3. Main assignments – Indicate the main activities / duties to be conducted in the job.
- To assist in implementing and maintaining the prompt and efficient preparation and service of all meals and breaks at the required time, being provided to the standard of the food service offer(s) and laid down in the Service Level Agreement and to the client’s, customer’s and Sodexo’s satisfaction.
- To ensure that all food is prepared with due care and attention, particularly in regard to customers’ special dietary requirements: for example, nut, dairy or wheat allergies or vegetarian.
- To assist in implementing and maintaining the service for all Hospitality related activities, production service, clear down
- To report and, where possible, take action for any incidents of accident, fire, loss, theft, damage, unfit food, or any other irregularities
- To attend meetings and training courses as required
- Assist the catering manager to ensure the quality and hygiene of the food cycle from preparation through to delivery according to the Company HACCP
- Assist the management team to enforce relevant statutory, company and site OH&S compliance together with the monitoring of related equipment
- Ensure the prompt provision and efficient service of all meals and catering requirements at the specified time to the standards laid down by the catering manager
- Maintain levels of stock to the agreed establishment targets
- Ensure that methods of preparation, production and presentation comply with Sodexo’s standards and procedures
- This list is not intended to be exhaustive but to give a brief outline of what is expected
4. Accountabilities – Give the 3 to 5 key outputs of the position vis-à-vis the organization; they should focus on end results, not duties or activities.
- Comply with all Company & Client policies, site rules and statutory regulations relating to Health & Safety, safe working practices, hygiene, cleanliness, fire and COSHH. This will include your awareness of any specific hazards in your work place and training of staff
- Service delivery to the standard detailed in the contract SLA as a minimum
- Service development and continuous improvement via planned and communicated plan
- Positive Client satisfaction and relationship
5. Person Specification – Indicate the skills, knowledge and experience that the job holder should require to conduct the role effectively
- Working with others
- Good listener
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Can-do attitude
- A Hands On approach
- Excellent attention to detail
6. Competencies – Indicate which of the Sodexo core competencies and any professional competencies that the role requires
- Proven experience in working within a fast paced kitchen environment
- Experienced in adhering to and driving company initiatives
- Personal innovation and passion for food and service
- Demonstrative customer focus and service skills
- Experience working in a standards /compliance environment
- Relevant craft and H&S qualifications and training
Employee Signature ………………………………………………………….. Date…………………………………………………
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £14.39 per hour
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted or free food
- Employee discount
- On-site parking
- Store discounts
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Luton, LU1 3LU: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Cooking: 3 years (required)