· Monday – Friday
· Daytime hours
· 37.5hrs a week
· Salary: £10.65 per hour
The Ideal Candidate
- Effective communicator both orally and in writing
- Friendly & approachable with a “can do” attitude
- Ability to work with within a team and independently with a flexible approach
- Ability to use IT and maintain data (Microsoft Office and Company Systems)
- To demonstrate an excellent telephone manner
- To have excellent customer service skills
- Ability to prioritise and organise workloads
- Experience with delivering a hospitality offer
Accountabilities or “what you have to do”
To carry out general receptionist and administrative tasks, answering phones, processing emails, filing, organising paperwork, cleaning in Specific Areas and on Job Specific tasks to the required standard established by the Service Level Agreement.
· To manage and deliver any hospitality requests within the Business Events Centre.
· Managing the HMRC internal Matrix system for room/conference booking.
· Set up and support in designated room style as per booking request.& effectively use the internal radio system to co-ordinate the porterage team as required.
· Arrange handover of rooms for HMRC clients when they arrive/depart and to liaise with other departments.
· Deal with any complaints / issues from clients immediately.
· To abide by the company policy and not intentionally put themselves or others at risk and to ensure that any observed hazards are reported to their supervisor/ manager.
· Ensure departmental compliance with all legislation and company policies.
· To have a full knowledge of all areas which have to be covered in the course of duty.
· Report any maintenance issues immediately to include equipment that is faulty, or any risks or hazards identified. Liaise and log calls with hard FM to ensure health and safety for all building users.
· To ensure a high standard of personal hygiene is maintained at all times and that uniform provided and specified is worn with care to being clean and ironed.
· To ensure you wear all personal protective equipment provided and specified for the tasks.
· To take part and effectively engage in employee training and having a full understanding of Health and Safety, Food safety, COSHH, Cleaning methods, Cleaning Training and Site Specifics Procedures.
· To deal with any complaints / issues from customers immediately and report directly to Front of House Manager.
· To participate actively within team meetings to develop ideas to enhance service offer.
· To perform miscellaneous cleaning or receptionist tasks as instructed by the Front of House Manager / General Manager.
· To be flexible to work additional hours to cover holiday and sickness within the team.
· To assist with the lifting and movement of furniture within a team or at preparation for meetings.
· To have awareness of surroundings and behaviour required, plus security procedures in place.
· Support and manage AV systems within all meeting rooms located in the Business events centre.
· It should be noted that this document is not exhaustive, additional responsibilities/ad hoc duties may be required.
About the Company
Sodexo is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £10.65 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday