Website Smithsonian Institution
As a Museum Curator (Art), the incumbent provides historical research and administrative support that serve the Curatorial Departments’ acquisitions, research, and exhibitions programs.
- Supports curatorial staff on the presentation and rotation of collection works in the museum galleries, lobby, garden, and plaza.
- Conducts and compiles modern and contemporary art historical and other research relevant to the understanding, use, loan, display, and care of works of art in the collection and for publication, curatorial projects, or public programs.
- Maintains exhibition checklists, working with Hirshhorn staff and outside artwork lenders to track exhibition items’ titles, media, dates, credit lines, installation requirements, loan status, insurance values, and other needs.
- Arranges travel for visiting artists and scholars.
- Provides exhibition tours and collection gallery tours to members of the public, Trustees, tour groups, and other Hirshhorn visitors and stakeholders.
- Combination of education and experience — courses equivalent to a major, as shown in A above, plus
- Four years of experience that provided knowledge comparable to that normally acquired through the successful completion of the 4-year course of study as shown in A above.
- 2 years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a master’s degree or master’s or equivalent graduate degree
- Education and experience may be combined to meet the basic qualifications. For a full explanation of this option please see the
Company: Smithsonian Institution
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
Application Deadline: N/AApply Here