As DC Outbound Demand Planner, you’ll continuously review our Trade Counter replenishment requirements, ensuring we have the right stock in the right place at the right time.
Using your analytical skills, you’ll gather and analyse a large amount of data from different sources (historical sales demand, forecast) using excel functions such as v-lookups, SUMIF, and pivot tables to drive decision-making and prioritising orders. As part of a team of 4, you’ll work closely with key internal and external stakeholders such as the Category team, Logistic, TCs, and Wincanton OPS/Planning team.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to start a career in supply chain, and you can be based at either our Head Office in Yeovil or our distribution centre in Stafford. You are welcome to work from home up to 2 days per week.
- Take responsibility for optimising stock flow into and out of our Trade Counters, ensuring that we have the right stock in the right place at the right time
- Review current TC replenishment requirements and order stock efficiently into TCs. Review TCs max delivery capacity vs. actual demand and resolve issues with the Wincanton and TC ops
- Manage the initial allocation of new products to our Trade Counters and monitor the exit process of deleted catalogue line
- Forecast our TC stock requirements, using historical sales data and other business intelligence to manage TC availability
- Optimise costs, stock and distribution centre availability – ensuring that our day to day operational capacity is not exceeded
- Work closely with Wincanton to enhance operational efficiency including smoothing the throughput of products from the depot to Trade Counters, reviewing forecasts, and improving the piece to line ratio.
- Spend time in Trade Counters to understand retail requirements and identify new opportunities to improve availability
- Develop relationships with 3PL colleagues to ensure prompt and effective resolution of operational issues.
- Daily activities include working with Wincanton to collaboratively manage order cycles and minimise abandons and lost sales.
Required skills & experience
- Experience in managing internal/external relationships – whether customers, suppliers or staff from other departments
- Data analysis skills – able to understand and interpret financial, sales and other commercial information.
- Problem solving skills – able to anticipate and highlight issues, and take decisive corrective action, working within established procedures.
- Strong computer skills (Word, Email and particularly Excel) and ability/confidence to learn new systems as required. Some excel training can be provided.
We’re Screwfix and we’re proud of it. We’re proud of where we’ve come from, what we’ve achieved and our ambitions for the future. But more than that – we’re proud of who we are. We’re 12,000 people each with our own stories to tell. We don’t have a type and we like it that way.
If you join us, you’ll be joining a true market leader and one of the fastest growing retailers in the UK and Ireland with over 700 stores. Your growth will also be critical to us, and we’ll support you to reach your potential and achieve your ambitions, no matter what they are.
We’re also a true leader in the E-Commerce industry, and part of the 77,000 people strong Kingfisher PLC Group alongside big names such as B&Q, Castorama and Brico Depot. Join our team and become a part of #LifeAtScrewfix!
- 28 days’ holiday, increasing with each years’ service
- Award winning pension scheme – up to 14% Kingfisher contribution
- 20% discount with Screwfix and B&Q
- Discounted healthcare and life cover
- Loyalty recognition & company share save scheme
- Hybrid working allowing you to work from home 2 days per week.
- In-house training and development
Follow us and find out more about #LifeAtScrewfix on LinkedIn, Instagram, and Twitter
If you require any additional support or adjustments to help you make an application, please contact us at email@example.com