Having surpassed £2bn in sales in a record-breaking year and an ambitious growth plan in place, there has never been a more exciting time to join Screwfix.
Supporting the delivery of Screwfix commercial projects you will work closely with the Commercial and Sustainability teams to facilitate the successful deployment of commercial projects and commercial elements of our Big, Bold and Brave Sustainability Plan. Reporting into the Buying Manager you will work closely with stakeholders across commercial and other functions to ensure that game changing commercial projects and sustainability initiatives are effectively delivered on time and to budget. You will play a key role ensuring that Screwfix continues to build market leading commercial and sustainability initiatives with our vendors, and for our customers.
- Work with the Buying Manager to lead on making commercial change projects happen, ensuring they are delivered to time, cost and quality
- Work with the Buying Manager and Sustainability Manager to identify, define, evaluate, plan, track and realise the sustainability and business benefits of projects
- Shape the project scope and manage the delivery of business initiatives/change
- Create project plans with commercial and business stakeholders and be responsible for the plan and facilitation of delivery
- Make change projects happen, ensuring effective end to end project/programme management
- Take responsibility for solving specific problems within their projects, utilising their expertise to ensure complex sustainability needs are met
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with key project stakeholders, constantly drive commercial and sustainability agendas within Commercial, and adeptly resolve situations where competing commercial priorities occur
- Sponsor and embed key Project Management principles and best practices within your projects and across the wider commercial team
Required skills & experience
- Experience of working in a project management environment with evidence of successful deployment of medium/large projects in a matrix business
- Proven ability to work on own initiative and lead projects through to a successful conclusion through a strong focus on effective planning, appropriate controls and project governance
- Experience of working in commercial environment and supporting others through change
- Ability to engage stakeholders in a project management approach, so that governance can be effectively deployed
- Strong communication and influencing skills with the ability to work with manage, and influence stakeholder relationships at all levels
- Strong commercial understanding with proven ability of implementing value adding commercial projects
- Experience of analysing and utilising data to ensure the effective management of projects and to support problem-solving
- Strong IT skills, including Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Project, or other Project Management tools
- Project Management accreditation in PRINCE2 or similar and proven ability to implement a PM framework or methodology as appropriate
- Demonstrates a passion for Sustainability within their own life and values
- 33 days’ holiday
- Award winning pension scheme – up to 14% Kingfisher contribution
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- 20% discount with Screwfix and B&Q
- Discounted healthcare and life cover
- Loyalty recognition & company share save scheme
- In-house training and development
Sustainability at Screwfix
We are committed to running our operations sustainably and supporting our customers to make sustainable choices. We want every colleague to feel involved and to champion sustainability in their area, ensuring that sustainability is at the heart of how we work.
Follow us and find out more about #LifeAtScrewfix on LinkedIn, Instagram, and Twitter
Our policy is to employ the best qualified people and provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees including promotion and training and not to discriminate against any person because of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or disability.
If you require any additional support or adjustments to help you make an application, please contact us at email@example.com