Being part of the team at Argos is more than just working in retail. It’s how we deliver our commitment to our customers that we’ll provide the products they want however and whenever they want them. And our Customer Advisors are the face of that.
Working in one of our standalone retail stores you’ll serve customers on tills and on the collection counters, be present on the shop floor and help out your colleagues in the stock room.
Most of our roles work part-time with a variety of shifts across the stores opening hours, including weekdays and weekends. You’ll have your guaranteed part-time hours every week and there may be overtime opportunities.
It’s helpful but not necessary to have previous experience to work for us. What we really want to see is a passion for delivering excellent customer service, taking pride in the work that you do.
You’re also part of a multi-brand, multi-channel retailer that prioritises colleague development so this role could propel your career within one of our brands.
Alongside a market leading rate of pay, we also offer a great range of benefits for all our colleagues:
- Discount card – provided after 12 weeks that gives you 10% on most items in Sainsbury’s, Argos and Habitat. Discount is increased at Sainsbury’s to 15% every pay day for five days plus 15% at Argos on selected weekends during the year.
- Generous holiday entitlement – based on the hours you work.
- Family leave – generous maternity and paternity leave.
- Pension – Sainsbury’s will match between 4-7% of your pension contributions.
- Sainsbury’s share schemes – allowing you to save directly from your pay to buy Sainsbury’s shares at discounted prices and the option to buy shares each time you are paid to build up an investment.
- Wellbeing support – including free access to Unmind (a mental wellbeing app) and our Employee Assistance Programme which is a confidential service providing emotional support, practical information and guidance on a wide range of topics, such as legal information, financial information and short-term counselling.
- Colleague networks – a range of internal networks that create an environment where every single colleague can be themselves and fulfil their potential.
- Cycle to work scheme – hire a bike and accessories, saving on tax and national insurance.
- Shopping discounts – special offers on gym memberships, restaurants, holidays, retail vouchers and more.