Customer Service Advisor
Customer Service Advisor
Location: Edinburgh or Rosyth
Start date: Monday 7th November
What we’re offering
£20,500 increasing to £21,000 after probation period and to £22,000 after 1 years’ service
+ Excellent benefits
- The potential to earn a discretionary bonus payment of up to 10% of your base salary
- A minimum 10% discount off your shopping in store and online across our Sainsbury’s, Argos and Habitat brands* qualifying period applies
- Access to exclusive colleague offers on our banking products including enhanced travel money rates.
- A range of other flexible benefits and additional perks +see below
- You’ll have 23 days paid holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Pension contribution matched up to 7.5%
- A great working environment and a career with a wealth of opportunity underpinned by learning and development to help you reach your full potential
What you’ll need to know and show
If you’ve worked in hospitality, travel, retail, or any other kind of customer-first environment, you’ll know how good it feels to engage with people, to understand and then help solve their queries.
You might not believe a contact centre job is right for you, but this is no ordinary contact centre. Many of our customers purchase their groceries from Sainsbury’s, or their TVs from Argos, and then call us to discuss their Credit Card, Loan and Saving accounts. So they’re looking for the same warm, friendly customer service they experience instore. Which is why you’ll fit right in.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be the first point of contact for customers over the phone, providing information in a clear and understandable way – focusing on helping, supporting and guiding them to make their financial lives easier. So if you’re interested in working in a financial services role which makes a real positive impact on people’s lives, we will give you all the training you need to answer every question you’ll be asked.
This is an opportunity to build upon your existing skills in a professional role, which will open up the doors to a career in financial services. There will be a lot to learn – this is a regulated environment where attention to detail is critical so you will quickly develop specialist knowledge, becoming an expert in digital banking services, fraud awareness, and supporting vulnerable customers, too.
When will you be working?
Our shifts are rotational, with a balanced mix of early, mid and later shifts – which offers you a better work/life balance than other customer service roles. We’ll give you 8 weeks’ notice about shifts too. Flexibility will be important on your part, but we’ll provide amazing training, induction and ongoing support to be the best you can be.
What you’ll get in return
We’re always developing our colleagues so that they can move into a role they love even more. It’s about nurturing you, your ambitions and what you want out of your career, all the way through your career.
Think about where you want to be —and we promise to help you get there.
- Development plan from day one to build your career with us and help you achieve your full potential
- Buy holidays every year
- Love It Scheme – Save money at hundreds of different retailers
- Cycle to Work and Share scheme Season
- Ticket Loan for your public transport to get to work
- Sick Pay
- Onsite Parking and much more…
Due to the nature of this role, you’ll need to give permission for a DBS and credit check.
Find out if we’re perfect for you. Apply right here.
Sainsburys Bank Lochside Sainsbury’s Bank 3 Lochside Avenue Edinburgh EH12 9DJ