Risk Reporting Officer
Risk Reporting Analyst
Edinburgh, Milton Keynes, Holborn, Widnes & Home
We are happy for you to be based in any of the above locations and we support remote working for most of the role requirements. Please note that travel to Edinburgh may be required on an occasional basis.
In a nutshell
As a Risk Reporting Manager, you will be responsible for risk analysis and reporting for first line businesses across SBAFS, providing insight into how effectively conduct, regulatory and operational risks are being managed, and identifying areas for improvement. You will also produce regular and ad hoc risk analysis and reporting and make recommendations for developing the risk reporting.
What you need to do
- Gather and analyse risk data, support root cause analysis, identify key themes and trends and recommend areas where action is required to improve risk management.
- In respect of the risk management system, support regular assurance reviews of the risk data, helping to ensure the data is robust and supports meaningful reporting.
- Produce monthly and ad hoc risk reports for the attention of business management, Risk stakeholders and senior committees, incorporating data analysis with insightful commentary.
- Support the development of and produce reports on a suite of indicators for the SBAFS business.
- Produce risk packs to support the business management in meeting Senior Manager & Certification Regime requirements.
- Track and report on the progress of 2nd Line and Internal Audit reviews and issues, ensuring 2nd Line and Internal Audit are provided with timely updates on the status of any outstanding issues.
- Support the business management team in meeting Policy Framework requirements through the collation and constructive challenge of risk data to support attestation requirements.
- Prepare recommendations for developing risk analysis and reporting, helping to improve the level of insight into how effectively risks are being managed within the SBAFS business.
- Support the monitoring of external developments (eg regulatory and industry developments) and assessment of potential implications for the SBAFS business.
What you need to know and show
- Strong reporting and analytical skills obtained within a Risk role.
- Experience using analytical tools, such as Business Objects or PowerBI is desirable.
- Good understanding of the financial services industry and Retail Banking and Insurance products and the telephony and digital service channel.
- Good awareness of the relevant risk functions across the Bank, covering Conduct, Regulatory and Operational Risk
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate at all levels, both verbally and in written form.
- Ability to work using own initiative, with strong planning and organising skills, as well as being an effective team player.
- Strong relationship management skills.
- Proactively identifies opportunities to help make improvements for both the customer and the Bank.
Colleague Conduct Rules
The individual performing this role is expected to adhere to the conduct rules as specified by our regulators (PRA and FCA).
In addition to the all-important salary, pension & bonus offering, we totally get that life outside work is important to us all. So we want to shout out some of our other great benefits…
- We offer flexible working to help you achieve a good work/life balance
- Opportunity to buy extra holidays is on the table
- Discounts on your weekly shop, buying a laptop or sofa? We’ve got it covered through your Sainsbury’s, Argos and Habitat store discount card
- Cycle to work scheme.
A little about us & our culture
We’re proud of our heritage as the UK’s first supermarket bank. As digital technology drives the banking landscape we want to be at the cutting edge of this technology, offering award winning innovative digital banking products to our customers. Technology is where we see our growth therefore, we need innovators to join us and drive the next phase of our evolution.
We’re a friendly bunch who collectively share a passion to make our customers’ financial lives easier. As part of the wider Sainsbury’s Group, being one of the UK’s most trusted brands, it brings our colleagues a wealth of opportunities to fulfil their potential. Here, you can be part of something bigger and help to create a new approach that puts the customer at the heart of everything we do.
Everyone is welcome at the Sainsbury’s Group, and we’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer that champions a diverse and inclusive culture that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve.
Work-life balance is important to us, so we offer our colleagues as much flexibility as possible in line with the needs of their role. We trust them to decide how, where and when they work, combining remote and collaborative working with a flexible approach to hours within their working days, giving plenty of time and space for life outside of work whilst delivering against our business goals.
If you’re interested in applying and are excited about working with us but are unsure if you have the right skills and experience – we’d still love to hear from you! We’d also be happy to discuss more flexible working options such as job shares and part time working.
As this role involves working within a regulated environment any offer will be subject to satisfactory background checks including criminal record check, credit check, fraud check and employment references.
GB-GB-Milton Keynes, GB-GB-Widnes, GB-GB-London
Sainsburys Bank Lochside and Home Sainsbury’s Bank 3 Lochside Avenue Edinburgh EH12 9DJ