IT Service Delivery Analyst
Service Delivery Analyst
Lochside, Edinburgh with remote working flexibility
In a nutshell
Working within a team of analysts within the Service Management Function in Service Operations, you will work to ensure high quality, fully supported, managed services meet agreed requirements of our users and stakeholders. You will be responsible for maintaining the detail within the Service Catalogue for your respective portfolio and contribute to the assessment of Service Transition for new solutions to ensure they are supportable and maintainable, improving the Service Operations capability by driving service improvements.
What you need to do
- Represent Service across the organisation through management of Incident, Problem, Change, Risk and CSI
- Ensure consistent and appropriate communication with users and stakeholders for service-related enquiries and issues
- Work with Product, Programme and Delivery teams to ensure delivery of products that meet customer requirements and are supportable and maintainable for the lifecycle of the product
- Responsible for overseeing and contributing to Service Transition with regards to Agile and Waterfall product delivery
- Be able to anticipate risks and have an awareness of action and decisions made in your area.
- Work with Service Providers, Suppliers, and the rest of Sainsbury’s Tech to ensure that service level agreements and operational level agreements relating to existing services are met
- Participate in internal and external service review meetings
- Look for opportunities to continually improve and develop the Service offering
- Take accountability for personal development, seeking feedback, performing self-assessments, building, and maintaining a meaningful personal development plan
What you need to know and show
- Experience with ITIL Service Management framework
- Strong relationship management skills with external suppliers and partners up to Director / Exec level
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Agile and Waterfall methodologies desirable
- Knowledge and understanding of IT Service and Delivery concepts with proven experience of successfully managing and maintaining services is preferable
- Ability to implement processes in line with Sainsbury’s Tech goals and initiatives
- Ability to work on own / un-supervised as well as part of a team
- Ability to think methodically and logically and communicate well, providing honest feedback in a positive way; trusting others to deliver & providing support when needed
- Able to assess and apply an appropriate pragmatic approach to transition activities
In addition to the all- important competitive salary, pension & bonus offering, we totally get that life outside work is important to us all. So, we want to shout out some of our other great benefits.
We offer flexible working to help you achieve a good work/life balance
Opportunity to buy extra holidays is on the table
Discounts on your weekly shop, buying a laptop or sofa? We’ve got it covered through your Sainsburys, Argos and Habitat store discount card
Cycle to work scheme
A little bit about us and our culture
We’re proud of our heritage as the UK’s first supermarket bank. As digital technology drives the banking landscape we want to be at the cutting edge of this technology, offering award winning innovative digital banking products to our customers. Technology is where we see our growth therefore, we need innovators to join us and drive the next phase of our evolution.
We’re a friendly bunch who collectively share a passion to make our customers’ financial lives easier. As part of the wider Sainsbury’s Group, being one of the UK’s most trusted brands, it brings our colleagues a wealth of opportunities to fulfil their potential. Here, you can be part of something bigger and help to create a new approach that puts the customer at the heart of everything we do.
Everyone is welcome at the Sainsbury’s Group, and we’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer that champions a diverse and inclusive culture that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve.
Work-life balance is important to us, so we offer our colleagues as much flexibility as possible in line with the needs of their role. We trust them to decide how, where and when they work, combining remote and collaborative working with a flexible approach to hours within their working days, giving plenty of time and space for life outside of work whilst delivering against our business goals.
As this role involves working within a regulated environment any offer will be subject to satisfactory background checks including criminal record check, credit check, fraud check and employment references.
Sainsburys Bank Lochside Sainsbury’s Bank 3 Lochside Avenue Edinburgh EH12 9DJ
Infrastructure & Service Operations