Enterprise Risk Manager
In a nutshell
The role of Enterprise-wide Risk Reporting Manager is to produce clear, concise and insightful reports of the aggregate risk position of Sainsbury’s Bank and Argos Financial Services (SBAFS) for Senior Executives and the Board, built upon effective risk information flows and an enterprise-wide view of control effectiveness.
What you need to do
- Lead the design and the production of the monthly report on the aggregate risk position of SBAFS, gathering the necessary inputs from colleagues in a timely manner and providing editorial oversight to shape into a clear, concise and insightful report for the Executive Risk Committee (ERC) and Board Risk Committee (BRC).
- Be responsible for the structure of the Aggregate Risk Report, using clear and accessible reporting tools and techniques to present a transparent and consistently structured view of risk that identifies key areas of concern and facilitates effective risk discussions and decision making.
- Act as a ‘gatekeeper’ on the quality and content of reports presented to ERC and BRC, providing guidance on expectations and adopting an effective editorial role.
- Review and continually enhance enterprise-wide risk reporting processes, developing a clear understanding of how risk information flows across SBAFS and how actual or potential breaches in risk appetite targets are identified and escalated.
- Use forward-looking reporting processes and tools to identify emerging or heightening risks.
- Develop, embed and maintain clear guidance for Divisional Risk Committees on enterprise-wide risk reporting practices and the escalation of key issues to ERC and BRC.
- Be aware of leading industry practices on reporting and information flows and provide timely insight on industry thinking and emerging risks.
- Provide assistance and support to other members of the team across reporting and prudential risk activities where required.
- Develop and maintain key stakeholder relationships across SBAFS and risk functions.
- Ace as minute taker for the Risk Management Divisional Risk Committee and Executive Risk Committee
- Liaise with Company Secretary to provide risk information (CRO risk updates and any risk specific papers) for Board and Board Risk Committees
What you need to know and show
- Proven track record in reporting / professional editing to an Executive Committee audience, with experience in risk or finance areas desirable
- Understanding of retail banking, retail banking products, competitors, and operating models
- Very strong written communication and influencing skills.
- Ability to assimilate large amounts of (often complex) information and generate a reasoned summary in a clear, concise and insightful way.
- Ability to understand the needs of the target audience and how reporting techniques can be used to convey key messages to them
In addition to the all-important competitive salary, pension & bonus offering, we totally get that life outside work is important to us all. So, we want to shout out some of our other great benefits…
- We offer flexible working to help you achieve a good work/life balance.
- Opportunity to buy extra holidays is on the table.
- Discounts on your weekly shop, buying a laptop or sofa? We’ve got it covered through your Sainsbury’s, Argos and Habitat store discount card.
A little about us & our culture
We’re proud of our heritage as the UK’s first supermarket bank. As digital technology drives the banking landscape we want to be at the cutting edge of this technology, offering award winning innovative digital banking products to our customers. Technology is where we see our growth therefore, we need innovators to join us and drive the next phase of our evolution.
We’re a friendly bunch who collectively share a passion to make our customers’ financial lives easier. As part of the wider Sainsbury’s Group, being one of the UK’s most trusted brands, it brings our colleagues a wealth of opportunities to fulfil their potential. Here, you can be part of something bigger and help to create a new approach that puts the customer at the heart of everything we do.
Everyone is welcome at the Sainsbury’s Group, and we’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer that champions a diverse and inclusive culture that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve.
Work-life balance is important to us, so we offer our colleagues as much flexibility as possible in line with the needs of their role. We trust them to decide how, where and when they work, combining remote and collaborative working with a flexible approach to hours within their working days, giving plenty of time and space for life outside of work whilst delivering against our business goals.
If you’re interested in applying and are excited about working with us but are unsure if you have the right skills and experience – we’d still love to hear from you! We’d also be happy to discuss more flexible working options such as job shares and part time working.
As this role involves working within a regulated environment any offer will be subject to satisfactory background checks including criminal record check, credit check, fraud check and employment references.
GB-GB-Milton Keynes, GB-GB-Widnes
Sainsburys Bank Lochside and Home Sainsbury’s Bank 3 Lochside Avenue Edinburgh EH12 9DJ