Every week we move millions of products to our customers at record speeds. Brilliant customer experiences at this kind of pace, require fresh and appealing products to be available whenever and however our customers shop with us. And in this area of our business, we help to make sure that happens.
By engineering innovative, smart technology, we put the tools in our colleagues’ hands to power a global supply chain. Whether it’s wine from New Zealand or milk from the local dairy farm, our tech performs. We solve problems at scale. We process billions of records, predicting and planning to make our customers lives easier. We keep our warehouses and stores operating smoothly around the clock, because what’s important to our customers, is important to us.
As Delivery Lead, you’ll be a key member of our Delivery practice, building and managing the relationship between our cross-functional teams and continuously evaluating progress in line with programme objectives. You’ll own the full lifecycle for your product or programme, ensuring that projects are delivered within agreed parameters of cost, time and quality.
You’ll understand desired programme outcomes and the commercial impacts associated with meeting these, being constantly aware of emerging issues and having a full understanding of their specific requirements. You’ll also pro-actively share your personal learnings and best practice with peers and colleagues and actively contribute to live and online discussions.
More about the role
- You’ll play a leading role on your programmes, co-ordinating delivery across a number of engineering teams in order to realise key business outcomes
- You’ll partner with engineering teams and key stakeholders to deliver new products or complex changes, utilising appropriate delivery methodology, including agile ways of working
- Be a partner to Procurement and Supplier Management, leading the supplier selection processes where products require significant third-party involvement and being accountable for establishing and managing the ongoing relationship with suppliers
- Plan significant deployments across a number of products, ensuring relevant dependencies are identified and managed
- Create and maintain roll-out schedules, track progress, always ensuring key stakeholders are kept up-to-date and risks & issues are appropriately managed
- Spot and surface key risks and issues early, building an effective approach to mitigation, securing support of stakeholders as and when necessary
- Coach others to help them understand the rationale for a technical approach, surfacing and dealing with ambiguity and conflicting demands
- Conduct post implementation reviews to drive a culture of continuous improvement, ensuring that learning is fed through the wider Tech approach to delivery
- Actively contribute to the Delivery Practice, supporting the creation and implementation of a career framework and community
More about you
- You’ll have demonstrable experience of delivering technical programmes in an agile and product environment, with significant third party or deployment complexities
- An in-depth understanding of agile values, principles, practices and associated approaches as they relate to delivery management
- Familiar with key techniques and frameworks for structuring programmes, including effective planning, dependency identification and management, risk and issue management
- An in-depth understanding of Sainsburys Tech Operating Framework and Technology Principles, and awareness of external factor, including industry best practice
- Able to participate in technical detail, where needed, showing an understand of the technical landscape and can describe technical choices and trade-offs to different stakeholders within and outside of Tech
- Matrix leadership skills with the ability to apply these at scale
- Highly commerciality always looking to deliver the best outcome for Sainsbury’s
As well as lots of on-the-job training and endless opportunities, you’ll get:
- Colleague discount across our multi-brands – Sainsbury’s, Argos and Habitat
- Holiday allowance
- Bonus scheme
- Pension plan
- Special offers on gym memberships, restaurants, holidays, retail vouchers and more
Work-life balance is important to us, so we offer our colleagues as much flexibility as possible in line with the needs of their role. We trust them to decide how, where and when they work, combining remote and collaborative working with a flexible approach to hours, giving them plenty of time and space for life outside of work whilst delivering against our business goals.