Every week we move millions of products to our customers at record speeds. Brilliant customer experiences at this kind of pace, require fresh and appealing products to be available whenever and however our customers shop with us. And in this area of our business, we help to make sure that happens.
By engineering innovative, smart technology, we put the tools in our colleagues’ hands to power a global supply chain. Whether it’s wine from New Zealand or milk from the local dairy farm, our tech performs. We solve problems at scale. We process billions of records, predicting and planning to make our customers lives easier. We keep our warehouses and stores operating smoothly around the clock, because what’s important to our customers, is important to us.
We are looking for an Engineer (Cloud) to work within a team engaged in delivering and running the cloud platform to ensure the scalability, reliability, security, and efficiency of the environments that host Sainsbury’s Warehouse Management Systems and opportunity to work across all Logistics Cloud applications.
As a Cloud Engineer You Will
- Help lead on the delivery of best in breed cloud services to Sainsbury’s
- Deploy and configure production systems, with a particular focus on automation, ease of configuration, reduction of human error, repeatability, and security.
- Collaborate with other DevOps Engineers to design, implement and evolve automated pipelines in the cloud.
- Engage in the design, collaborating with product owners and architects to ensure that solutions help customers and achieve the logistics business goals
- Monitor new features/functionality and assess their Ops implications to continuously improve services.
- Ensure Identity and Access Management controls are in place and strictly adhered to
- Monitor infrastructure by setting appropriate thresholds and react to event driven alerts appropriately.
- Discover and recommend ways to improve reliability and efficiency
- Maintain an overarching service dashboard and reporting
- Produce and maintain documentation of support processes & resolutions to known operational issues.
- Participate in a 24/7 on call rota as required
What You Need To Know & Show
- Have a strong understanding of Azure as well as commercial, hands on experience of working in this environment
- Substantial experience in Terraform and one or more programming languages
- Be experienced working with Agile delivery teams in a fast paced, DevOps environment
- Have a best practice approach to writing infrastructure as code
- Experienced in writing automated tests and maintaining CI/CD pipelines
- Be diligent and positive about tracking (JIRA), system monitoring, security & auditing
- You will have experience of source and version control tools such as GitHub
- Good understanding of Service Operation & ITIL responsibilities
- An up-to-date understanding of Cloud technology base and a general understanding of other technology bases
- Experience and proven track record as a member of a Cloud team within an Operations function
- Ability to manage a complex mix of work within tight timescales
- Feed your insights to continuously improve the platform
- Be an active contributing part of an agile development team
- The ability to engage with and influence stakeholders
As well as lots of on-the-job training and endless opportunities, you’ll get:
- Colleague discount across our multi-brands – Sainsbury’s, Argos and Habitat
- Holiday allowance
- Bonus scheme
- Pension plan
- Special offers on gym memberships, restaurants, holidays, retail vouchers and more
Work-life balance is important to us, so we offer our colleagues as much flexibility as possible in line with the needs of their role. We trust them to decide how, where and when they work, combining remote and collaborative working with a flexible approach to hours, giving them plenty of time and space for life outside of work whilst delivering against our business goals.