Job Description – Business Analyst – Technology Movement Pillar
Purpose of the role:
- Working within the Movement Pillar team, specifically in a product area related to end to end visibility, warehousing or planning and transport.
- Accountable for ensuring that the Business (both as-is and to-be) processes are documented, understood and agreed by all relevant stakeholders.
- Capturing clear concise requirements which are agreed by the relevant stakeholders.
- Working with our various development teams to ensure proposed solution meets Business requirements.
- Supporting Supply Chain Business Colleagues in the preparation of testing and the definition of test cases.
Reports to: Product owner
- Working with Business stakeholders to confirm both the functional and non-functional requirements, ensuring these requirements are captured concisely and documented within the BRD.
- Plays an active part in the project including programme meetings, progress updates, risk and issue reviews etc.
- Responsible for capturing the as-is process flows and storing them electronically following the standard PMO guidelines and templates.
- Takes an active role in the design workshops working across both the Business and development teams to ensure clear understanding across both parties.
- Ensure that the Primark to-be Business processes are fully agreed, fit for Primark and documented to the required standard.
- Engages with other functional BAs and Business SMEs to ensure that end to end Business processes are assessed and any impacts are understood, resolved and documented.
- Supports the resolution of functional and cross-functional issues, ensuring the project manager is kept informed of all outcomes.
- Assists with the preparation of testing materials, supporting the Business with the creation of robust Business scenarios to be used in both technical and Business acceptance testing.
- Support testing phases where appropriate, but specifically Business acceptance testing.
- Support the training process as required.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience:
Ideally the candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- An understanding of the Business Analysis role, and its importance in both the development life cycle and within the product model.
- Experience of working within a Supply Chain technology function, ideally linked to a Retail Business.
- Experience of working through all stages of the project lifecycle and an understanding of agile methodology.
- The ability to manage relationships between a variety of stakeholder groups, across Business functions, and including the Business Analyst Community.
- The ability to probe and drive to resolve issues, ensuring decisions are taken in a timely manner and clearly documented for reference.
- The ability to articulate clearly the proposed solution and technical terminology in a language that is clear and understandable to Business users.
- The ability to map Business processes and use process mapping tools to record them once they have been agreed.
- Strong communication skills – both written and verbal.