Nights Warehouse Operative – Andover – Full Time, Permanent
Immediate starts available
Location: Ocado CFC – SP10 5AF
Salary:£13.15 to £13.95 per hour with our premiums
- Starting rate – £10.65 per hour
- Night shift premium (between the hours of 10pm and 6am) – plus £2.50 per hour
- Freezer premium for all hours worked – plus £0.80 per hour
- Overtime paid at basic x 1.25
Warehouse areas: Training for multiple areas
Nights Shift – 22:00 to 06:00
This isn’t just an ordinary warehouse!
We use innovative and state-of-the-art technology, and joining us as a Warehouse Operative means you’ll be working for the world’s largest and fastest-growing online grocery retailer in a safe, clean, fast-paced, warehouse environment.
There is no need to have any previous experience as you will receive full training, but you will need to be able to work in multiple temperatures, from chilled to ambient (minimum 2℃), have a good eye for detail and be able to work independently but also be a good team player.
Want to make a real difference to the lives of Ocado customers every day? Great!
Here’s what you need to know:
What’s in it for you?
Our people are at the heart of our business and without them we wouldn’t be able to deliver our award-winning service to millions of customers across the country each day. So it’s important to us that along with safe working environments, we support and develop our employees with great benefits and opportunities for career progression.
Set yourself up for your shift with a full breakfast, or dinner, from £1, at our onsite subsidised restaurant. We also have a staff shop where you can buy everyday groceries for a fraction of the normal price, a big saving on your weekly shop! We also have a quiet room if you need somewhere to be alone with your thoughts.
We have a whole host of benefits available to you with some of most popular being;
- Holiday purchase scheme so you can spend more time with family and friends
- Life assurance – we fund you for 3 x your salary so your loved ones will be financially protected if you were to pass away
- Dental insurance – claim reimbursement on your family’s dental expenses
- Digital GP – you and your immediate family have access to unlimited video consultations with a GP
- A range of discounts at hundreds of retailers including 15% off online shopping at Ocado Retail
- Free shares – twice a year you will be awarded the value of 0.5% of your annual pay in Ocado shares.
- Earn £500 when you Refer a Friend, and many more benefits!
A career at Ocado Group can lead to many things with fantastic opportunities available in both Ocado Logistics, Engineering and beyond.
Many of our managers started their career in one of our Customer Fulfilment Centres, in fact, 90% of our advertised roles are filled by internal colleagues! There are genuine opportunities for you to progress your career and shape the future of Ocado Group.
Getting to work
Situated just off the A303 at the Walworth industrial estate, Andover, we have an onsite multi story car park. We also have 3 bike sheds where you can lock your bike up on our secure grounds.
Don’t have a car? We are setting up a Lift Share scheme where we can look to match your shifts with someone who lives in your area so that you can travel together. You can also choose a brand new bike and accessories (up to £1k) while saving on tax and NI, with our cycle to work scheme (repayable over a 12 month period), so not only can you save on car costs but increase your fitness levels too!
Our site at Andover
From our facility we will send out up to 59,000 orders per week to Andover and the surrounding areas. Whether it’s receiving products from suppliers, picking customers shopping, loading or driving our vans that interest you, we have a role for you. We are very excited about our journey in Andover and would like for you to join our team!
Everyone at Ocado Group takes personal responsibility to help create an inclusive workplace, where staff respect one another, feel valued for their differences and can be themselves. We are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, wherever needed so everyone feels welcome and can flourish.
- The role of a warehouse operative requires you to be on your feet and mobile at all times as well as carrying out repetitive tasks and potentially lifting up to 25kg weights and moving up to 70kg trolleys.
- We will provide you with the correct PPE.
- All roles within the warehouse will require you to handle meat and alcohol.