Website Network Rail
We at network rail are dedicated to becoming one of Britain’s best employers and believe this starts with placing the candidate at the heart of everything we do! Our ambition to be responsive to passengers and freight users, drives us every day and we’re empowered to do the right thing for those who use the rail network. We actively challenge unsafe practices and take responsibility for addressing risks, resolving issues and protecting safety and wellbeing.
- Carry out pre and post payroll interface checks to validate roster data. Submit late notice roster changes to payroll.
- Manage short notice roster alterations liaising with all affected employees and line managers, including gaining verbal confirmation where necessary. Respond to and resolve any queries relating to roster issues.
- Make roster arrangements for medical examinations and interviews.
- Compile and control leave records, including input to the production of annual leave rosters.
- Monitor and maintain competency data so that no base roster shifts are left uncovered due to expired competencies.
- Prepare rosters for employees undertaking weekly / daily rostered duties. Covering sickness, annual leave, training, briefing and special arrangements. Liaise with local managers to crosscheck roster data.
- Make roster arrangements for safety critical competence expiries, training plans, training courses and briefings.
- Compile and publish rosters using the Corporate Rostering Tool in accordance with National Rostering Principles, company policies and standards.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrable ability to accurately manage data and attention to detail
- Understanding of roster systems
- Previous successful experience in prioritising workloads and delivering to deadlines
- Understanding of conditions of service applicable to rostering
- Previous successful experience of working in a team and engaging with virtual team members
- Able to demonstrate good general IT skills
- Previous successful experience of analysing data and producing reports
- Excellent knowledge of national rostering principles
Company: Network Rail
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Didcot, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/AApply Here