Website National Trust
We’re proud of the team we have here at Trelissick and the diverse skills and experience we share. Each of us have our own personal areas of interest, yet we’re united by our passion for this special place.
- Trelissick is part of the Heart of Cornwall Portfolio along with Glendurgan and Trerice. Managed by the Head Gardener you’ll join a skilled team of gardeners and will at times be required to work at other sites across the portfolio.
- Working closely with, and reporting directly to the Head Gardener, you’ll play a vital part in the daily management of the garden.
- With delegated responsibility for three Gardeners and a team of Volunteers, you’ll lead by example, ensuring that the garden is presented to the highest horticultural standards.
- An eye for detail is essential in all aspects of your work and you’ll take your commitment to safe working practices within the department seriously.
- At times you’ll take responsibility for the delivery of small projects including sourcing of materials and management of budgets.
- You’ll also work closely with the Visitor Experience team to lead and participate in a range of garden activities and events.
- This role requires working some weekend and bank holidays on a rota basis. Just as the garden never stands still, neither does the team that looks after it. We’re constantly seeking to innovate, develop and improve, which makes Trelissick an exciting and vibrant place to work.
- With plenty to challenge you and the opportunity to grow your career with the support of The National Trust, the role of Assistant Head Gardener is one which will attract energetic and dedicated individuals keen to make their mark in a beautiful Cornish garden.
- If you think you have what it takes, we’d love to hear from you!
- You will need to be creative and enthusiastic, you’ll become an integral part of this team, adding your own unique input into the continued development of the garden.
- Using your experience of working and supervising in a similar historic or botanic garden setting, you’ll have the skills to lead on all aspect of the garden including, projects and deliver work programmes in an organised and efficient manner.
- At times this will require you to think on your feet, plan well and using your initiative is essential.
- Trelissick can be a physically challenging garden to maintain, and we rely heavily on a wide range of machinery and equipment to help us get our work done.
- Competence with machinery use and maintenance of equipment such as tractors, chainsaws and pedestrian mowers is essential although training is provided by The National Trust.
Company: National Trust
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Truro, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/AApply Here