The applicant selected will be an Academic Part-Time Undergraduate Student and will report to the Mars Public Engagement manager. Will be provided with hands-on work experience in website development and maintenance. Will help maintain the mars.nasa.gov website content, and write scripts with various programming languages. Will enable web development through research and ongoing review of existing and new software and hardware technologies.
- Performs routine job functions and activities within assigned area.
- Works within the boundaries of standard procedure using basic publication software and content management tools.
- Uses selected content management systems and update sites accordingly
- Works on day-to-day assignments under direct supervision; receives detailed instructions on new assignments.
- Posts and maintains content on Mars-related web sites following accessibility standards
- Assists in gathering and analyzing site metrics
- May participate in the creation or light editing of communication products for general audiences including content for internal and external websites or social media sites.
- Develops new ideas to keep site up to date with changing technologies and web trends
- Completed coursework with exposure to standard principles, theories, concepts and techniques in Web Support.
- Must be currently enrolled at least half-time at an accredited college or university pursuing a
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related discipline.
- Must be able to work a minimum of 15 hours per week, with a maximum of 30 hours per week while in school.
- Punctual, detail oriented, resourceful and a self-motivated individual.
- Has some familiarity in one or more of the following areas: Technical capabilities in Java,
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently and apply judgment in planning, prioritizing,
- and completing tasks.
Minimum GPA 3.0
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pasadena, California, US
Application Deadline: N/AApply Here