From a Bradford market stall to the UK’s fourth largest supermarket we are proud to be the Yorkshire food retailer serving customers across the UK over almost 500 stores and an online home delivery service. Our business is mainly food & grocery and, uniquely, we source & process most of the fresh food that we sell through our own manufacturing facilities.
Store Managers within the Cambridgeshire area to help our business to continue to grow and succeed. It’s a really great time to join, we’re a business in change, continually looking for new ideas and ways to make Morrisons a better place for our customers and our colleagues, and our Store Managers play a huge role in that.
Our Store Managers work hard, their role as ‘shopkeepers’ means they run their stores with an entrepreneurial spirit, with their customers and colleagues remaining their number one priority. Leading a team of senior managers (approx. 8-10) and reporting into the Regional Manager, it’s their job through strong leadership to ensure the store is a great place for people to work and shop, making our core supermarket offering strong and consistent.
It’s a given that as a Store Manager you’re ultimately responsible for driving KPI’s and overseeing the store operations, but your Operations Managers are the one responsible for delivering the day to day. We’re looking for Store Managers who can deliver more than just the numbers. We’re looking for leaders who can create and build diverse teams and drive their KPI’s through their people.
As the Store Manager it is your job to:
- Lead a team who in turn creates a customer centric culture where our customers experience is the best in the market, in line with the Morrisons brand. Always challenging and thinking of new ways of how we can serve our customers better.
- Build and manage relationships with the local community, marketing your store so that it stands out.
- Treat your store as if it was your own business, always thinking of new ways to improve your offering by working with local businesses to better our local solutions. Working with our central local solutions team to continue bringing in new products for our customers.
- Continually challenge the ways of working to think of new ways to speed up and simplify your store processes, and having confidence to challenge the status quo.
- Thinking digitally, ensuring that we’re always ahead of the curve. Listening and responding to what the customers and colleagues are telling us to make their lives easier when it comes to getting their weekly shop.
- Continually managing performance against KPIs. Identifying areas of improvement, and managing initiatives through to implementation. Competing to be the best in the market.
- Working with your People Manager to drive the talent agenda. Ensuring everyone feels supported and are able to perform at their best.
- Work with the central teams to ensure we have the best availability on the high street, ensuring Morrisons becomes a one stop shopping destination.
Our benefits package not only includes a generous bonus and car allowance but you will also receive an attractive pension scheme, private family healthcare, long term incentive bonus plans, and share save schemes, as well as a colleague discount that we encourage you to share with your friends and family.
No doubt you’ll have shopped in our stores before, but why not take a look at some of the areas our customers don’t see, such as our warehouses and colleague canteens to get a real taste of life at Morrisons. Explore using our 360 tour here.