We’re looking for an Operations Manager to join our team in Our Operations Manager’s play a key role in helping our business to grow and succeed. It’s their job to ensure that the store operations are running smoothly ensuring Morrisons is a better place for our customers to shop and our colleagues to work.Deputising for the Store Manager, it’s really important our Operations Managers create an inclusive environment for all managers and colleagues, where everyone feels valued. Ensuring they role model great leadership skills they also oversee all aspects of the store including achievement of all operational KPI targets, driving high store standards, excellent safe and legal compliance and ensuring our managers are highly capable and motivated in order to create a high performing and engaged team.
- Work in partnership with the People Manager to embed a culture of being comfortable with change across the store and supporting Managers to do the same
- An expert in safe and legal, ensuring all departments and colleagues are compliant with food safety laws
- Support Managers with forward-thinking action plans for their departments to increase performance
- Contribute to the development of the annual Store plan by having a commercial mindset to identify opportunities which will maximise performance
- Be accountable for the end to end process of all operations within store, ensuring appropriate resource to deliver routines to the highest standard
- Continually identify, develop and mentor talent across the store and wider region that creates a pipeline of successors
- Continuously build capability of the Management team through stretching their accountability, and creating a plan for development areas
- Use freedom within the framework to develop local ideas to exceed sales targets and drive performance whilst motivating colleagues
- Build relationships with all key stakeholders in order to involve the right people to deliver continuous improvements that benefit the customer
- Lead by example to deliver exceptional standards and performance across the store whilst focusing most on what matters most for customers
- Oversee all processes in store which affect availability of products for our customers whilst building the capability of the Management team to feedback to the respective business areas to continuously improve customers experience
- Make time to understand from customers directly how we can improve our daily offer and build their feedback into improvement plans and work with central teams to provide insight and opportunity to continually improve the service we offer
- Strong coaching skills. You must be able to give feedback to ensure common ways of working.
- A passion for driving talent and creating a successful team culture.
- The ability to resolve challenges and build trust between the full store team.
- Set clear objectives that link directly to each department that are aligned with Morrisons priorities.
- The power to create a culture that fosters and values collaboration.
- Strong leadership skills with the capacity to listen and respond.
- The ability to influence, listen and understand the external perspective to inspire and think broadly about new ways of doing things.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Wakefield, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/AApply Here