Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 77,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Responsible for a front of house catering team, liaising with the kitchen, open/close up of business, stock controls, front of house/bar ordering, and effectively being the face of our catering brand at a customer site.
- Supervision of a catering team to include training, attendance and performance management.
- Assist a Catering Manager to ensure our service proposition is delivered.
- Undertake accurate and timely stock taking, reconciliation of money and invoices.
- Ensure all team members are trained to deliver all aspects of our catering standards.
- Prepare the dining and service areas which may include moving and setting up furniture, setting trolleys and the cleaning and dismantling of these as required.
- Participate in service and food production with a regard for the high standards of health and safety, hygiene and cleanliness.
- Serving food to correct portion control outlined in agreed standards.
- Wash dishes, cutlery, tumblers, jugs, serving utensils, containers, tables and all other catering equipment in the dining and service areas; launder kitchen towels as necessary.
- Clean on a daily basis all catering areas to agreed standards.
- Undergo on and off the job training sessions as required by line management.
- Inform local management teams of any defects in equipment and/or premises not meeting Health & Safety and/or Food Hygiene Regulations Standards.
- Provide cover to another customer site within a reasonable geographical distance and with reasonable notice due to business requirements.
- Undertake any other duties that may be required for the effective operation of the Catering establishment; including cash collection and banking.
- Assist in the maintenance of all records, systems and procedures to ensure control of stocks and conformity with financial regulations and procedures.
- Undertake key holding responsibilities for a site with the flexibility to work at a number of different outlets onsite as required by Mitie management.
- Provide outstanding customer service through regular communication with customers, managers and other team members.
- Operate, utilise and manage relevant catering IT systems as appropriate.
What we are looking for
- Previous catering experience within a similar environment is essential.
- Supervisory experience would be desirable.
- Basic Food Hygiene and basic Health and Safety certificates are advantageous but not essential as full development and training will be provided.
- Appropriate level of numeracy/literacy/communication skills to perform role duties.
- Passionate about delivering great customer service.
- Ability to work well in a team or under your own initiative.
- Ability to be flexible and take on different tasks as and when required.
- High standards and an eye for detail.
- Hard working, energetic and confident.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Great time management.