Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 77,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
- 45hrs/week – Fulltime
- Paying £10.51/hr
- Day shifts
Mitie has a great opportunity for Retail Security Officer to work at our site based in Watford B&Q. Working at this location will allow the successful candidate to enjoy discounted benefits whilst gaining high quality experience within the security industry. Full training and a quality induction is provided for the successful candidate.
This role would be ideal for a security professional who has a customer service orientated approach; looking to further their working experience within a retail environment. A confident and outgoing personality would be perfect for this role to ensure effective client interaction throughout the shift. The rota provides a good work life balance, with no starts earlier than 0700 and not finishing later than 2000; this is subject to seasonal changes – NO NIGHT SHIFTS. You will report into the site’s Security Operations Manager.
- Acting as a visual deterrent on the shop floor – able to deter and when required safely detain offenders in accordance with H&S training
- Utilising the store security systems, CCTV, EAS gates, etc, to support the security activity.
- Working in liaison with covert security operatives.
- Investigating any losses, empty packaging, support enquiries regarding known offenders.
- Completing full and accurate incident reports and company documentation
- Reporting Crime incidents to Crime Centre on a company provided tablet.
- Completing routine patrols of the store to ensure customer safety and maintaining a strong security presence to all members of the public.
- Recording completed patrols in daily activity sheets in liaison with the store point of contact.
- Attending the store briefings to provide a security update.
- Conducting shift handover procedures at the start and end of each shift to ensure all matters of concern or note occurring during a shift are passed on for the purposes of service and incident management continuity.
- Maintaining a safe and secure environment for all.
- Door Supervision or Security Guarding License essential.
- Have a five – year checkable employment history or be able to produce documentary evidence of any period of unemployment, self- employment or full and part time education during that period
- Own transport
- Previous experience of working in a retail Security role
It’s the little things that count –
- Generous Staff Discount at 20% (subject to qualifying period)
- Free SIA license renewal
- Competitive holiday entitlement – 28 days annual leave
- A personal learning hub, that also provides access to Additional Training
- Full uniform
- A wide range of discounts with selected companies
- Overtime availability
- A supportive management support network
- Paid breaks