Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 77,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Rate of pay: £11.68/hour
Hours per week: 42
Shift pattern: 4 on, 4 off (includes nights)
Job Objectives & Responsibilities
- To protect our customer’s property, people and/or assets by providing security services in direct accordance with the sites published Assignment Instructions (AI’s) and any subsequent changes.
- Delivering results that meet and / or exceed the Key performance indicators / Service Level Agreement for the customer through full responsibility and accountability, providing a service that aids in the retention of the contract.
- To undertake additional training to ensure continuous self-development.
- Access and egress control including front of house main reception area and the car park area..
- Internal and external patrols of the estate including the use of a patrol vehicle and a patrol system.
- Control room duties, monitoring alarm systems, CCTV system and keeping all logs and official registers up to date with all relevant information.
- To be aware of and ensure compliance with all aspects of policies and relevant legal and regulatory requirements as directed by the Security Contract Manager and in accordance with UK Law and Guidance bodies.
- Fully and satisfactorily complete all of the tasks and duties on site as defined within the published Assignment Instructions (AI’s).
- Proactively refer to and review the published Assignment Instructions, thus familiarising oneself with any changes in order to suggest additional amendments that will improve or enhance the current level of service.
- To be compliant with Industry and Statutory Legislation (you are required to obtain a front-line licence in either Security Guarding or Door Supervision), which must be worn at all times whilst carrying out your duties.
- The Customer also requires a CCTV PSS SIA Licence. There are also additional courses that are contractually required.
- Comply with legal obligations and safety requirements of the role.
- Follow instructions and procedures appropriately without integrity.
- Carry out your tasks in a systematic, methodology and orderly way.
Hourly rate – £11.68
42 hours per week
- Fully and satisfactorily complete all required competency training.
- To undertake additional training to ensure continuous self-development as directed by the Security Account Manager.
- Use technology to achieve key work objectives and develop job knowledge and expertise through continual professional development.
- You are required to ensure you renew your licence 16 weeks before expiry.
Security and Health & Safety
- Look out for, and to immediately report, any Health & Safety hazards, or potential hazards, on site.
- Stay alert to any threats or changes within the work environment in order to take the appropriate action to reduce the chance of disruption, loss or damage.
- Use common sense and initiative by immediately involving others if a situation appears to become threatening.
- To maintain professional conduct in the face of difficult situations and challenging customers
- Complete an accurate, detailed notebook entry as soon as possible after any incident, which can then be used as part of the Incident Report process.
- Keep to schedules and demonstrate responsibility to Mitie and the Client.
To ensure check calls are being carried out at the allocated time slot as stipulated in the Assignment Instructions (AI’s).To call emergency services and Communication Centre to report all incidents
- Previous Security Experience
- SIA License desirable (training can be provided)
- CCTV License desired
- First Aid at work
- Full UK driving licence
- SC Clearance desirable
- On site free parking
- On site canteen facilities
- Further training and progression opportunities
- Mitie discounts at a number of large retailers from holiday to electronics
- Mitie company shares after a full years employment
- Access to Mitie GP online