Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 77,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
- Contract: Permanent
- Hours: 42 Hours Per Week (Full Time)
- Salary: £22,484.58 Per Annum
- Shift Pattern: 4 days on 4 days off. 2 days then 2 nights
- Location: Wakefield, West Yorkshire – WF6 1FD. Could also be covering WF2 and Leeds LS11
Reporting directly into the site Facilities Manager, the post holder will support the contract team in the provision of a high quality service. To ensure the upkeep of designated areas by carrying out general and specific duties as directed and able to work unsupervised.
This role is based primarily at one site however there is an expectation to also cover shifts at our two other sites within a 10mile radius.
To carry out general porterage, cleaning (including cell cleaning), decorating duties as requested by the Facilities Manager, maintaining internal and external entrance and surrounds. To liaise with Mitie staff and management on the day to day running of the building the reporting of issues relating to operation and appearance. To carry out routine checks on plant and equipment to ensure optimum conditions are achieved. To carry out PPM / Planned Maintenance on a regular basis including Fire Dampers testing (Training will be provided). Address any minor internal issues for example blocked drains, toilets, minor spillages, replacement of light bulbs and lamps. To carry out minor repairs to property, fixtures, fittings and equipment. Painting and decorating as agreed and directed by management. To help setting up rooms for the business day including AV equipment, sound systems, media systems, setting up furniture and so forth as required by customers Assist with any other duties commensurate with the post for the effective provision of service. Receive and check goods and supplies and take them to the appropriate place for storage. Reporting of breakdowns/fault. Be aware of the business continuity plan for the part of the business you work in.
What we are looking for:
- Previous experience as a handyperson / caretaker.
- Previous experience in a customer facing environment.
- Manual Handling ability.
- Able to work in a demanding and busy area.
- Friendly and approachable manner.
- Ability to work on their own and as part of a team with minimal supervision.
- Sets and maintains very high standards of delivery – attention to detail essential.
- To complete tasks above expectations.
- Diligent, professional and intuitive.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Good Communication skills.
- Ability to resolve problems and adhere to health and safety guidelines.
- Ability to deal with other contractors or maintenance workers.
What you’ll get in return:
In return we will offer you holiday entitlement, pension contributions, discount through MiDeals to over 850 high street retailers, cycle to work, options to buy extra holiday, save as you earn scheme, share incentive plan, recognition and wellbeing incentives such as Mitie Stars and many other benefits.