Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 77,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Job Objectives & Responsibilities
- This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of the growing Mitie Telecoms team supporting the Cornerstone Account, providing maintenance activities on the passive assets belonging to the Cornerstone the Tower Company providing services too Vodafone and VMO2 mobile network estate.
- As part of continuous innovation around site access control, the primary role will be to support a major roll out project which will involve the replacing of traditional locks and padlocks and upgrading to an electronic key solution called Locken.
- To undertake the removal of a variety of existing padlocks and barrel locks across a range of site types, including greenfield, rooftop, street works and inbuilding solutions. Following the removal, you will then install the new electronic locking solution and complete the commissioning, testing, and acceptance process, with remote support if required to ensure the product is registered on the Locken Network.
- The above tasks will be completed on site compound gates, cabins, cabinets, external rooms, internal rooms, and anti-climb devices.
- Working across your assigned region, you will be expected to complete multiple site assignments a day, either as as an individual or working with a colleague, where site access restrictions or Health and Safety policy dictates
- As an experienced fabric engineer you will be expected to have the practical skills to work independently and resolve any site issues you may encounter on the day.
- Occasional overnight stays may be required.
- Full training on the new product type will be provided including the test and integration back into the network.
- To attend site meetings or training when required.
- To be willing to undertake other duties in line with contract deliverables
- To co-operate with other Mitie disciplines for the provision of multi-discipline services where required
- Be available to carry out necessary works outside normal hours with additional remuneration
- Maximise the use and compliance to the mobile technology (Smartphone)
- Management of financial procedures & delivery efficiencies
- Adherence & Promotion of the company & department mission vision & values
- Assist the site team in ensuring that all Statutory and Legislative requirements are achieved/adhered to for the site
- To ensure clients operational procedures are always adhered to
Experience & Management
- Must have 3 years driving experience. Some sites will be off road.
- You will need experience within a similar position within a maintenance environment. Capability to perform manual tasks, including manual handling, working at heights and in confined spaces. Good verbal and written communication and ability to use computers.
- Ideally served a recognised trade training scheme but not essential
- Ability to undertake all facets of maintenance and installation requirements as required within the scope of the contract
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrates a pro-active approach
- Adaptable to changing requirements.
- Physically fit to cope with specific needs of role, e.g.: lifting, climbing ladders. You will need to pass a medical.
- Approachable and able to build positive relationships with clients, both internal and external
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.
At Mitie we know that ‘our diversity makes us stronger’. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive and be their best every day. We are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal. We recognise the unique contributions that you can bring, and our people and customers thrive when we get this right