Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 77,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
The role of Business Support is to provide strong operational support to the Senior Leadership Team in the management of our staff across the business, ensuring that key processes within the business are adhered to and a wide range of administrative duties across all departments are completed within agreed timescales.
What are the key duties and responsibilities:
The role is an all encompassing function providing support, signposting or action on various business areas.
The duties and responsibilities are varied and can include, but not exclusive to:-
- Support the Senior Leadership Team in Recruitment Management
- Annual Leave/Absence Management
- HR Liaison
- Mentoring and People Leadership
- Champion Mitie Internal Systems
- Business Systems Programme Management – developing, reviewing and improving administrative systems, policies and procedures.
- Relationship Management.
- Ensuring effective new employee induction and probationary term management.
- Management of company appraisal programmes.
What are we looking for?
Our ideal candidate would have proven People Management experience. Display a positive attitude towards change and support the evolving business direction. We would also want someone with strong proven experience in Business Administration, and would ideally have the ability to inspire, lead and motivate people, delegate work and explain ideas, all with a positive can-do attitude.
Do you also have strong skills and demonstrable experience in the following?
- Good Planning and Organising skills
- Analytical ability
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Initiative and decisiveness
- Good IT skills, particularly when it comes to database management and spreadsheets
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to work on a tactical and strategic level
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Enjoys working collaboratively
- Motivated by challenge
- Culturally astute
- Willing to learn and pursue relevant qualifications
- Ability to work additional hours and travel as required.
- Full driving licence