Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 77,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Hours – 42 per week
Shifts – 12 hours, 4 on, 4 off
Rate of pay – £12.50/hour
- To protect our customer’s property, people and/or assets by providing security services in direct accordance with the sites published Assignment Instructions (AI’s) and any subsequent changes.
- Delivering results that meet and / or exceed the Key performance indicators / Service Level Agreement for the customer through full responsibility and accountability, providing a service that aids in the retention of the contract.
- To undertake additional training to ensure continuous self-development.
- To be responsible for the day-to-day operation of Security.
- Be the first point of contact for the Security team and deal with day-to-day matters such as standards of dress, discipline, and conduct are met and adhered to.
- Assist in on-going training to resident security teams and ensure all new security officers are fully trained and inducted to the site procedures and policies including CCTV, access control systems, deliveries and removals, fire alarms and intruder alarm.
- Develop teamwork within the workforce, ensuring high morale through effective motivational methods.
- Assist in review of Security Officers performance and development.
- To assist in any security / equipment investigations, i.e. thefts, missing items, complaints etc.
- Provide customer / client liaison as and when required.
- Ensure Assignment Instructions are adhered to at all times by security and shipping personnel.
- Ensure that any important messages are conveyed in the Security Handover and that all security personnel read and acknowledge them.
- Ensuring security records and logs are being kept up to date.
- Ensure the security team are compliant with all relevant legislation on data protection.
What we are looking for
- Previous Security Experience
- SIA License
- SC Clearance desirable
- Good literacy and communication skills and have excellent verbal and written English.
- Be computer and software literate.
- Reliability, self- motivation and ability to use own initiative and work without supervision.
- The ability to solve problems, make decisions and prioritise.
- The ability to transfer self-motivation to staff.
- The ability, tact and diplomacy to deal with people at all levels.
- Self-confidence and an interest in self-development.
- An interest in the continuous improvement of the Company’s performance.
- The nature of the role is such that it is essential that the post holder has and will maintain an excellent record of attendance and timekeeping.