Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 77,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Mitie have an exciting opportunities for Assistant Project Manager to work in the Project Professional Services Team. The Assistant Project Manager will support the Central region team who cover the central band of the UK from Bristol up to Sheffield (but may require some travel outside of this region to support ad-hoc projects).
The role of the Assistant Project Managers will be to ensure the successful delivery of Small Works and Projects from their initial inception through to handover and financial completion either on their own or in support of project managers. They will undertake the coordination of multiple project stakeholders, design consultants, principal contractor and security cleared Suppliers.
The Assistant Project Manager will liaise with the cost management team with the aim of procuring Projects in the most cost effective manner, demonstrating ‘value for money’ to the clients. They will identify and procure the services of specialist designers and contractors as required to successfully deliver their allocated projects. It will be the Assistant Project Manager’s responsibility to manage compliance with Interserve and client agreed methodology, governance and gateway approvals. They will also take ownership of Health and Safety on their Projects so that it is effectively managed through consultation and liaison with the CDM Principal Designer (where appropriate) and contractor’s health and safety team. They will be responsible for monitoring and controlling all change during the Projects life cycle in accordance with the relevant contract.
The successful candidates will need to complete security clearance checks for this role upto SC level with an option to enhance to DV in due course for the right candidate.
- Ensuring projects are delivered in compliance with the contract and governance arrangements.
- Quality assurance and overall integrity of projects.
- Either managing their own projects or assisting Project Managers / Senior Project Managers in the management of the project budgets, monitoring the expenditures and costs, through liaison with the Cost Management Team.
- Facilitating the appointment of Contractors to the projects.
- Either managing their own projects or assisting in the managing of the delivery of each project to the agreed level of quality, programme and budget.
- Assisting in the managing of third party contributions to the project.
- Managing the communications with all stakeholders.
- Managing risks to the projects successful outcome.
- Assist the project manager in coordinating all contractual requirements throughout the project process including but not limited to:
- On-site project management.
- Project Coordination.
- Cost control.
- Document management.
- Health & Safety.
- Change Management.
- Contract Administration.
- Reporting progress of projects at regular intervals
- Reviewing methods of working, alternative materials etc in order to maximise commercial profitability.
- Standing in for the Project Manager from time to time at client and subcontractor meetings at various locations.
- Seeking and developing ongoing continuous improvement.
- Providing aftercare services to the customer.
What we are looking for
Knowledge skills & experience
- Preferably degree qualified (although not essential).
- Preferably Membership of or working towards being a member of a construction related institute.
- Health & Safety qualification (CITB, IOSH, NEBOSH) (preferable) although understanding of CDM2015 is required.
- Hold a relevant CSCS card (desirable)
- The successful candidate will have a proven track record of assisting in the delivery of projects with experience in the facilitation and production of delivery programmes, work schedules over multiple projects.
- Conversant with applicable legislation, regulations and standards.
- Experience in the use of CAFM systems (desirable).
- Willing to work towards a construction industry accredited qualification.
- Knowledge and implementation of the NEC 3 suite of contracts (Professional Services and Construction) preferable but not essential.
- Have the ability to plan projects using at least 1 industry standard programming package.
- Competent in the use of Pffice365,Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project and Maximo (desirable).
- Knowledge of or experience of working within the construction industry.
- Experience in assisting in delivering projects (values ranging up to £500,000).
- You must be able to deliver the above efficiently, working within multiple deadlines and duties, delivering works accurately.
- You will be expected to work to your own initiative, whilst also working well as an integral team member.
- Understand the commercial process (tendering and obtaining quotes against specifications).
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- A good understanding of the project management principles.
- Knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation procedures.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to write clear and precise reports.
- Simplify complex information to a diverse range of people.
- Flexible in approach to solving issues and delivering programmes.
- Good at developing relationships with clients and Subcontractors.
- Highly organised with good time management skills.
- Full UK Driving licence (essential)