Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 77,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Hours: 40 – Full Time
- Rate of Pay: £11.05 Per Hour
- Location: Claremont Park, Brent Cross, London, NW2 1FE
Job Objectives and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Contract Manager you will primarily be responsible for ensuring a positive, welcoming and friendly experience for visitors to the park.
- Ensuring the park is litter free, weed free and presentable at all times
- Keeping equipment clean and accessible for all to use and enjoy
- Observe and report immediately any incidents, which may affect the presentation or health and safety of park users.
- Engaging with member of the public to assist with any queries they may have whilst visiting the park
- Opening the public toilets at the start of the day
- Inspections of the play equipment to be carried out routinely throughout the working day (Morning, Midday and Early evening)
- Radio check to be completed at the beginning of the day
- Play sand to be kept clean and tidy – you will need to rake the play sand, sweep, and blow any sand back in to the play area in the morning, midday, and late afternoon/early evening.
- Litter bins – site will require regular litter picking throughout the day and any bins which require changing are to be changed by you throughout the working day.
- At the end of your shift, you are required to radio back in control room and return the keys.
You will also be responsible for monthly/quarterly tasks which will include but not be limited to the following:
- Park furniture (Benches/loungers/tables) – Monthly inspection, swept clean twice per month & Cleaned with a cloth and mild detergent every three months.
- Drinking Fountains – Monthly Inspections & Cleaning of the fountains (Including the interior) to be carried out as and when required.
- Paving, Timber Decking & Gravel/Asphalt – Monthly inspection, Herbicide treatment (Paving & Gravel/Asphalt only) and cleaning every 3 months.
- Play surfaces, Gravel/Asphalt areas etc. – Pressure washing to be carried out every three months
- Skate Elements – carry out Graffiti removal as and when required using suitable cleaning agents.
- Bird Boxes, Insect hotels and log piles – to be inspected twice per year (September & December).
- Pond and Swale – Carry out monthly inspections to ensure all inlets, outlets, pumps and overflows are working. To regularly remove any items for children (such as balls etc.) as and when required and to inspect and check throw lines on a weekly basis/as necessary.
In return we offer
- Competitive rates of pay
- 28 days annual leave including bank holidays
- Life assurance
- Pension scheme
- Company Vehicle and market leading machinery provided
- Company Uniform and PPE provided
- Personal investment in training and development
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave