Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 77,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Responsible for delivery of the group’s manual payment processes and ensuring the smooth running of core treasury activities. Opportunities include developing processes within the Treasury Management System (‘TMS’) and providing improved reporting outputs from the treasury function.
- Completing daily cash management processes
- Manage and process manual payment requests, ensuring they adhere to Group policies and are processed within agreed SLAs
- Maintain accurate payment records, providing regular reporting and analysis to stakeholders
- Managing all aspects of the group’s bank accounts including authorisation registers, mandates, pooling structures and limits
- Maintaining core data records including bank charge schedules, forex requests and trades, intercompany loans, and bank facilities
- Identify opportunities for process improvements, recommending to line management relevant and appropriate solutions
- Assisting with development and roll out of new payment processes within the Treasury Management System
- Organising the team mailbox to ensure requests are actioned in an efficient, timely manner
- Updating of treasury procedures
- Delivery of ad hoc projects as required
Knowledge & experience
- Experience working in a finance and/or treasury team.
- Demonstrable experience of working to tight deadlines, with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficient in use of standard MS Office packages (Excel, Outlook and Teams).
- Payments experience beneficial.
- Experience using the Kyriba Treasury Management System preferable.
- Treasury/accounting qualifications beneficial.
- Excellent communication skills and adept at stakeholder management, demonstrating the ability to deal with all levels of Mitie staff, clients and third party providers.
- Capable of working on own initiative and self-motivating, with good attention to detail and levels of accuracy.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Strong numeracy skills.
- A natural aptitude to be flexible and adaptable.
- The commitment and drive to achieve high standards of customer excellence.