Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 77,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
We are looking for motivated and enthusiastic tradespeople to join our growing engineering family, working in a challenging and diverse role where no two days are the same. Our skilled engineers provide mobile delivery of both planned and reactive FM maintenance services across a variety of clients and industries.
In your new role as a Mobile Fabric Engineer you will be responsible for undertaking all building fabric activities such as patch repairs, minor plumbing and carpentry, painting and decorating all to the highest level of service for the client. You will be required to answer queries, report any defects and keep the client informed of site activities at the time of the service visit. You will be expected to complete all work-related documentation accurately and on time, keeping logs of inspections reports and remedial work.
We are looking for individuals with:
- Experience within a Maintenance / Facilities Management environment.
- Relevant qualifications required e.g. C&G or equivalent or a trade related qualification.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety, Permit to Work procedures and Safe Systems of Working.
- Capability to perform manual tasks, including manual handling, working at heights and in confined spaces as well as a willingness to participate in the On-Call Rota.
- Good verbal and written communication is important, including the ability to use a mobile device.
- You’ll need to be highly self motivated and solutions focussed with the ability to work without supervision but also enjoy working as part of a team.
- Full Driving Licence.
Why you should work for us?
- Exciting opportunity to join the largest FM company in the UK.
- This role will provide you with opportunities for training, development, progression, and internal promotions.
- Mideals, an opportunity to receive discounts at various high street retailers, including Curry’s, John Lewis, Tesco, Sainsburys, Boots and B&Q.