Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 77,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
- Manage the collection and packing of hazardous chemical waste (lab chemicals) on site at our Central London based university client.
- Carry out Account Management activities in support of the Key Account Manager
- Fulfil other technical chemist / account management activites in support of the wider Mitie Waste business.
- Dealing with current customer requests from providing advice to quoting one-off jobs, and checking queries.
- Quoting new work and visiting customers with regard to hazardous waste.
- Main point of contact with University client to mange communication and coordination of chemical waste collections, and liaison with our contractor to facilitate efficient and compliant collections.
- Packaging of hazardous wastes on customers sites to ensure compliance with required legislation for transportation (UN packaging where required), storage, and in line with supplier requirements.
- Creating and management of chemical inventories for collections of hazardous waste.
- Management of the on-site chemical storage and packing compound, to ensure it is operated safely and compliantly.
- Management of Risk assessments and method statements for on site waste activities under Mitie’s control.
- Collection of MSDS & facilitation of COSHH Assessments as necessary
- Liasing with the client’s Waste Manager
- Sampling Chemical waste streams for laboratory analysis if required
- Liasing with Mitie waste contractor on collection days to ensure collections are successful.
- Providing client and waste producers with advise on best practice.
- Support the client and the Key Account Manager in identifying cost saving initiatives, and managing their implementation.
- Support other clients of Mitie waste in relation to hazardous waste services.
- Any other reasonable work related duties required by the business
What we are looking for
- Customer focused approach
- Reliable and responsible attitude.
- Must be an effective communicator both verbally and written with external and internal.
- Previous knowledge of the Waste and Recycling sector and relevant experience would be a distinct advantage but not essential
- Ability to work as a team player and to demonstrate individual initiative and promote new ideas.
- Have an excellent knowledge and understanding of excel, word and PowerPoint.
- HNC or Above in Chemistry or related field
- ADR / DGSA qualification would be an advantage
- Ability to carry out manual work
- Ability to use the computer, word, excel and in house IT packages
- Ability to work in a team
- Knowledge and experience of waste and recycling
- Valid driving license