Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 77,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
The IS Business Partner (ISBP) form the primary IS point of contact to TMS directors and managers. They promote the IS services and capabilities to the Business and support in delivering technology products that meet business needs. They strive to understand market challenges, including customer priority and competitive issues, and bring a proactive, anticipatory approach in their thinking.
They are advocates and engagement leads for IS and have the overall responsibility to serve as a key interface with the relevant business units and/or functional area for the purpose of understanding business drivers and looking at alternative options with the business to challenge the need and find alternative options, such as process or small systems enhancements, working alongside IS core teams to identify options.
The ISBP will partner with business leaders and other key stakeholders to define opportunities and identify and prioritise projects based on predefined criteria (e.g. return on investment, client facing, productivity, compliance).
The ISBP proactively serves as a “trusted advisor,” and is the primary IS point of contact to business and/or function managers. They operate as the key business contact representing IS in promoting IS services and capabilities. The ISBP provides support in delivering technology products that meet the needs of the business. They provide a lead role in enabling the business and/or function to achieve their goals through the effective use of technology and will work closely with Business Technology Specialists who are responsible for specific solution deployments.
- Provide support to the business leaders of the Business Sectors
- Oversee the successful delivery of IT solutions into the business unit in support of business
- Clearly sequence and communicate the delivery of business and or functional demand
- Responsible for business case for IT change for relevant Business unit.
- Ensures with other IS teams that there is a cross business programme in place to ensure successful adoption by the business (such as training, data cleanse, data migration, standards definition etc)
- Consistent systems and supplier governance is in place
- Support and promote Mitie IS capability with existing and prospective customers as required.
- Acts as the project owner for delivery projects and sit on project steering committees where appropriate.
- Support Business / Sales team on IT elements of tenders
What we are looking for
Experience & Leadership
- Extensive Business Systems and IS experience, with relevant degree qualification. Alternatively, impressive career track record with commercial experience ideally in an Outsourced Services business.
- Able to see the bigger picture and find appropriate pragmatic solutions to business problems.
- Is able to set clear direction, appropriate standards of behaviour and delegate work appropriately.
- The ability to make clear informed decisions, act under own direction and takes responsibility for actions, projects and people.
Persuading & Influencing
- Makes a strong personal impression on others; gains clear agreement and commitment from others by persuading, convincing and negotiating; promotes ideas on behalf of self and others.
- Strong leadership and management skills, with ability to demonstrate a flexible approach to influencing a range of stakeholders at all levels within an organisation.
Organising & Executing
- Proficient in matrix team management and working within a fluid working environment.
- Plans activities and projects in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances, manages time effectively and monitors performance against deadlines and milestones.
- Awareness and track record of delivering process based projects, optimally related to transformational initiatives.
- Sets high standards of quality and quantity, focuses on customer needs and satisfaction and maintains quality and productivity.
Adapting & Performing
- Adapts to changing scenarios and is accepting of new ideas and change initiatives.
- Accepts and tackles demanding goals with enthusiasm and seeks progression to roles of increased responsibility and influence.
- Flexible and adaptable with a ‘can-do’ attitude, showing an ability to provide solutions with clarity.
- Able to lead by example.
- Strong change and project management knowledge and experience.
- Successfully balance the strategic agenda with short term priorities.
- Ability to effectively facilitate complex meetings and present to an audience of senior managers.