Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 77,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Our vision and values are built on the simple premise of ‘The exceptional, every day’- our overarching commitment to both our customers and our colleagues. Our values set out how we all should behave at Mitie, what we should expect from our colleagues and what our customers can expect from us:
- Provide support and strategic advice to the Contract Senior Management team to maximise contractual performance and the effective delivery of all client facing services ensuring adherence and compliance with all Home Office, company, legislative and relevant standards promoting performance and best practice.
- Manage a structured and efficient programme of self audit, assurance and compliance across the D&E Contract.
- Provide advice, coaching and support to staff in order to maximise the efficient and effective operation of the contract.
- Implement and manage an effective Audit system across the contract, including the regular production of management information on service delivery performance and recommendations for improvements to ensure the contract is being delivered to the required standard and best practice is maintained.
- Manage,motivate, coach and support the Performance and Compliance team to deliver the programme of self Audit, Assurance and Compliance activities required by the HO and Mitie Group.
- Provide support and advice to the Senior Management Team to ensure quality standards are met in compliance with relevant legislation.
- Manage the Self Audit process for Standard and Security modules to ensure completion to the agreed timetable in line with the contract.
- Establish effective communications and version control systems ensuring that relevant information is processed and disseminated both accurately and to deadline.
- Develop a climate of innovation and continuous improvement so that all staff are focussed on meeting contractual requirements, adding value and delivering best practice.
- Ensure that all staff in the D&E contract are aware of the processes and procedures to be followed for their roles and are adequately trained and vetted according to their job function.
- Provide Key Performance Indicators and relevant contractual information to the HO, SMT and group- ensuring it is accurately recorded and that it is then reported correctly and on time to the client.
- Manage and control relevant budget so that a cost effective service is delivered within set financial parameters.
- Develop Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators for approval by the Contract Director and the Authority to enable performance to be agreed and measured.
- Develop and create IS focussed Performance Management Information dashboards for the Immigration Services Director
- Ability to communicate and influence at all levels, including to senior colleagues/stakeholders
- Strong planning / time management / prioritisation skills
- Strong written and verbal English language skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience working to KPIs and targets
- Excellent listener
- Effective relationship builder and maintainer
- Commercial awareness
- Self-motivated and results focused
- Document template management in line with company branding
- Experience working within the Criminal Justice, Immigration, Police and/or Healthcare sectors with the following customers – Ministry of Justice / Home Office / NHS / Police Forces and Police and Crime Commissioners
- Professional qualification and/or appropriate professional body membership
- Degree educated and/or operational experience
- Proposal automation software (or similar) experience
- Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
- Ensure compliance with Mitie’s information security procedures in all activities;
- Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
- Report actual and suspected security incidents;