Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 77,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
JOB TITLE: W1 Customer Experience Coordinator
RESPONSIBLE TO: Senior Workplace Manager
Location: New Broadcasting House W1A 1AA
Seamless integrated visitor management focusing on delivering a ‘5-star’ meet and greet service to key visitors, escorting them through the premises to their meeting space and assisting them with any immediate requests. You will liaise with the senior BBC executive team to support and pre-book services managing workflow to maximise effectiveness and improve the visitor experience.
Additionally, operate as part of the wider Mitie services team at the BBC and will be responsible for initial event enquiries, through to full VIP visitor scope preparation and logistics, providing effective co-ordination between all parties at the BBC. The customer experience coordinator will work in collaboration with all service and other Mitie departments to achieve the highest quality customer experience.
- Deliver to the highest quality for all levels of the organization as well as demonstrate flawless execution for visitors.
- Responsible for creating, managing, and executing innovative internal and client event program where required.
- Assist on larger events that take place throughout the year, welcoming VIP’s ensuring they have everything they need.
- Be the key ‘point person’ for the Executive Team in the client’s business building excellent relationships with the Executive Assistants
- To take responsibility for delivering a 5-Star service always to clients, members of the business, VIP’s and visitors
- To ensure all VIP’s and guests identified by the client receive an excellent experience on arrival, having everything they need to make their visit a success.
- Ensure compliance with Security Policy, building requirements and Health and Safety Regulations.
- To be knowledgeable about the client brand ensuring a good working knowledge, to build rapport with VIP’s
- To be knowledgeable of local transport information and amenities such as restaurants and entertainment.
- Monitor weather conditions applying necessary responses for inclement or extreme conditions
- Pre-booking and personally escorting visitors to their meeting ensuring a warm and friendly first impression is provided, and the visitors requirements are met with a ‘5-star’ approach.
- Storing luggage, hanging coats and offer catering refreshment to VIP’s as they arrive.
- Booking appointments or accommodating ad-hoc requests for VIPs like printing or arranging WIFI access
- Meeting the key personnel at the beginning of each visit and ensuring that every aspect of the day is checked and delivered.
- Consulting with the senior management team and colleagues regarding visits and or events; making recommendations to achieve maximum impact for minimal spend.
- Fully be able to learn and operate the Condecco meeting room system and be able to make all VIP visits/ events requirements on the system.
- Creating timelines, interfacing with business partners (i.e., FOH to ensure everyone in the workplace team are aware of the VIP visitors and events)
- Act as the primary contact to the Senior Client team, and co-ordinate event briefing with relevant internal departments, such as Hospitality Services, Front of House, Workplace Co-coordinators, AV, Engineering, and 3rd party suppliers such as Landlord, Security and Catering.
- Developing success measures and evaluate all major events against objectives, recommending areas for improvement.
- Liaising with the catering team to ensure any event food service is timely and as ordered, taking care of special requests and VIP visitors with allergies.
- Communicate daily with all departments to ensure all details for VIP’s are correct and to note any changes.
- Ensure FOH have the correct VIP names spelt correctly and they are fully briefed on who is arriving
- Attend reception to collect VIP visitors and guests to ensure a seamless transition through Security
- Work in partnership with site Security Team to ensure they are fully briefed on VIP arrivals
- Act as an information point in all aspects, maintaining a current working knowledge of the business to assist with queries regarding and the surrounding area, connecting individuals and departments as necessary.
- To report all building issues and faults and escalating urgent issues via the appropriate service lines.
- To enthusiastically support colleagues across the team and at all levels, promoting and sharing best working practices, operating as part of the “One Team” culture across all interactions.
- Work closely with Workplace team communicating any events or visitor’s VIP’s ensuring everyone is aware of what is happening in advance.
- Be familiar with all fire, emergency and health and safety procedures that apply to the site acting as Fire Marshall in case of evacuation for your floor.
- Provide monthly statistics to service line managers on VIP /Visitor experience
- To cross train with Workplace Team as part of ongoing development and offer support and cover when required.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, (both written and verbal).
- Possess strong critical thinking and active listening skills.
- Have high emotional intelligence
- Competence with computers and software packages including MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Demonstration of exceptional time management and organisational skills with a
- proven record of success in planning, managing, and executing multiple events simultaneously.
- Proactive and forward-thinking approach to work, demonstrating adaptability and flexible working, with a desire to constantly seek improvements.
- To demonstrate knowledge of successful approaches, tools, and techniques for dealing with changes and adapting to a changing environment and you can adapt as needed.
- Excellent customer service skills and strong communication, both written and verbal, with the ability to interact confidently with colleagues and clients.
- Positive, outgoing personality comfortable lone working and working part of a strong and well-established team
- Organised individual, capable of managing teams and prioritising multiple workflow requirements.
- Strongly self-motivated individual possessing a can-do attitude and a drive to learn and share best practices.
- Immaculate presentation, representative of the high standards of Mitie employees, combined with a positive, proactive and self-motivated approach and demonstrate the ability to engage with all clients and colleagues on a professional level.
Education & certification:
- Previous experience of handling VIP visitors i.e., Hotels/ Aviation
- Previous customer services experience in client facing role.
- Transferable skills considered.
- Desired Education to A Level (or equivalent).
- Desired hospitality/customer service-based qualification, or official training.
- Being Mult-lingual desirable
Please be aware that this list is not exhaustive, and you will be expected to comply with any reasonable ad hoc duties and requests.