Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 77,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
We are looking for a Tool store Operative to be based in Lyneham, Wiltshire. The successful candidate will be expected to cover a range of administration and handling duties associated with a military-focused Supply Chain in support of the School of Army Aeronautical Engineering (SAAE).
Primary activities will include accounting, custody, and issue of tools and equipment in line with policy and authorised equipment scale holdings. The secondary role will cover from time to time, the accounting, custody and issue of munitions.
The successful candidate will use MOD IT applications in the pursuit of accurate and timely service delivery with the professional capability to multi-task when and where needed, as required by the business. Training will be given where required.
Primary role responsibilities:
- Issue and receipt of equipment
- Inspection of equipment, and where applicable conduct quarantine processes for any unserviceable equipment.
- Provide and support line management with monthly statistics
- Check equipment’s are correctly labelled and documented in accordance with current procedures & policies
- Carry out stocktaking and ensure compliance checks are completed correctly including after actions as determined by Logistics Manager and Supervisor
- Carry out loading and unloading of shipments, either by hand, or using Manual Handling Equipment
- Manage the store in compliance with all MOD and company policies and processes
Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Act as cover for the Ammunition Stores Person when required
- Manage and conduct ammunition issue and receipts
- Manage/control booking requests in line with establishment needs
- Carry out weekly quantity checks (when required) with the duty orderly officer
- Conduct monthly managerial snap checks with the Logistical Manager.
- Brass sifting, control of dunnage usage and control of empty packaging material.
- Raise Dangerous Goods Note to accompany ammunition transported in & out of camp
- Collate and present Key Performance Indicator (KPI) information, presenting supporting evidence where necessary
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with all stakeholders
- Carry out requirements of duty keys (open/close down process) on a rota basis
- Actively promote a safe working culture and adhere to the Health and Safety procedures, processes and the law
- Management of Stock holdings and Batch Control.
- Undertake other tasks as determined by the Mitie Line Manager including emerging requirements as the business need evolves.
Knowledge Skills & Experience
- Experience/familiarity in a similar military role would be an advantage
- The successful applicant will be required to attend Unit Arms Storeman (UAS) and Authorised Representative Road courses if they do not hold the qualifications
- Experience/qualifications of the Multi-Joint Deployed Inventory (MJDI) would be an advantage
What we are looking for
- A competent person with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Professional ability and demonstrable track record of delivering quality Store-keeping and Administration support.
- Have the attributes and ability to work unsupervised.
- Self-motivated and able to use own initiative, responsive to company and customer requirements, pro-active and versatile with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business.
- Good organisational skills and experience of working to deadlines
- Effective interpersonal communication skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications
- Flexible approach to accommodate changing requirements and priorities
- Good customer facing skills and the ability to develop close working relationships with a various different agencies.
- Experience/familiarity in a similar military role would be an advantage.
- MOD security clearance will be required (Proof of Right to Work in UK essential).
- Requirement to work 37½ hours per week full-time (Mon to Fri).
- Required to wear approved company work-wear.