Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 77,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
- Job Overview
Based in Lyneham Wiltshire we are looking for an individual to work with a team to administer and support the HR processes for Military Personnel. The role will have a common output, dealing with a broad range of personnel support needs on a daily basis.
Training on MOD IT systems will be provided, experience/familiarity in similar military roles would be an advantage.
This is a full-time position, 37.5 hrs per week Monday to Friday
The role and responsibilities are varied, while not necessarily being exercised every day, They will include:
- Administration of Service personnel accounts, including data input in accordance with Business Process Guides and policy.
- Checking and authorising expense claims.
- Assessing and advising on pay and allowance entitlements.
- Maintaining and controlling personnel documents.
- Arranging and coordinating travel and travel documentation.
- Issuing and controlling accountable documents in accordance with General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
- Maintain Hardcopy and Electronic documents and files
- Face-to-Face Customer interaction.
- Undertake other administrational tasks as determined by the Mitie Line Manager. This could include support/ cover for other Service Streams in the contract areas, when required.
Knowledge Skills & Experience
- IT literate with a good working knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Transferable Administration Skills.
- Ability to adapt to change and undertake additional training when required
- The successful candidate will be personable, confident and professional with good judgement and the ability to communicate effectively.
- Proactive and responsive to the changing needs of the business and the demands of the customer, whilst remaining calm under pressure.
- Reliable, representing a positive image for the Mitie Company.
- Good all-round standard of education, especially literacy and numeracy (educated to GCSE English and Maths or equivalent)
- MOD security clearance required (Proof of right to work in the UK essential.
- Requirement to wear approved company work wear.
Existing Mitie colleagues:
- Please ensure that you discuss your application with your current line manager before formally applying.
- Internal job moves are subject to the standard terms for the post being advertised. Enhanced terms cannot be honoured.