Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 77,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
We would prefer you to have an in-date SIA Front line Licence, or at least passed your course. Full on the job training will be provided to give you all the skills you need to be great in your role as a Retail Security officer, so if you are great at customer service and have a passion for keeping people safe, we want to speak to you!
Where: Sainsburys Tewkesbury Road, Cheltenham.
When: We’re looking to get the right person in to the team as soon as possible
Pay Rate: £10.30
Job Overview- Retail Security
- To create a safe shopping environment, free from crime and the fear of crime for our clients customers and colleagues
- To always offer a polite greeting and deliver great customer service
- Provide a visible security presence for our clients customers and colleagues
- Respond to any on site incident or request for assistance and assume control until arrival of the Emergency Services or store management
- To deliver great customer service whilst protecting customers and colleagues from physical and verbal abuse by deterring violence and public order offences
- To patrol the store ensuring a strong security presence is easily identified
- To record any suspicious activity and / or incidents using the SMART system ensuring store management are fully informed
- Monitoring CCTV where appropriate and complete retrospective reviews as required
- Actively support in the reduction of store stock loss
- Ensuring behaviours and situations that endanger the health and safety and wellbeing of colleagues, customers and fellow officers are identified and rectified in a timely manner in line with company policies
- Hold a Frontline Security Guarding, Door Supervision SIA licence (or have passed the relevant SIA training and hold valid certificates, if not held support is available to obtain a licence)
- A full five-year checkable employment / education history
- Experience of delivering Customer Service
- Excellent communication skills are required
- Capability in the use of technology
- Public Space Surveillance, CCTV, SIA licence is desirable but not essential
What in it for you?
- A great induction and training programme to support you in being great at all you do
- A competitive salary which includes paid breaks
- A friendly and supportive team
- Training, career development & progression
- Opportunity to take part in relevant apprenticeship schemes
- Overtime opportunities
- Uniform is supplied at no cost to successful applicants
- Funded SIA licence renewal programme
- A great selection of benefits incl. Access to on-line GP services, death in service, share options and discounts for shopping, cinema, holidays, etc.
It’s the little things that count
On top of the usual rewards you’d expect to see from a large company, such as – holidays, pension, childcare vouchers and cycle to work schemes, we also provide many extra benefits to enhance our people’s well-being and enjoyment at work. A comprehensive training programme is in place to support personnel development