Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 77,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
This role will be across 4 Custody Suites in South Wales: Merthyr Tydfil, Swansea, Bridgend, Cardiff.
- £42,500 per annum
- 42 hour week roating shift pattern
The primary responsibility is to lead a team of HCPs providing assessments and care for detainees, victims and staff in Police Custody Suites and in the Force area. You will have management responsibilities for the Healthcare Professionals ensuring they are appraised and supervised.
To work as part of an integrated team with the Clinical Lead, Senior HCPs, HCPs and Contract Manager ensuring that services are delivered to the required standards, in accordance with the specific needs of the Force, and ensuring that local processes comply with national clinical gov MCC-0026-001-01-0001ernance standards.
As a Senior HCP you must be flexible and committed, providing rota cover as required.
The role includes, but not limited to:
- Conducting reviews and appraisals for your team of Healthcare Professionals as required.
- Providing governance advice and support for team members in accordance with company policy
- Organising rotas and ensure the service is provided at all times in accordance with contractual requirements whilst working as an operational Healthcare Professional as part of the normal 24/7 shift rota.
- Providing advice, guidance and support to Custody Officers, investigating officers and individuals where required.
- Developing and maintaining effective working practices with external healthcare providers, such as the ambulance services, mental health teams and drug and alcohol services.
- Keeping accurate and complete records of the Healthcare Professional Team working hours, annual leave and sickness and ensure reporting requirements are achieved.
- Managing Care + Custody local pharmacy procedures in liaison with the Clinical Lead.
- Becoming a licentiate member of the FFLM and undertaking other role training and development as required.
What other benefits are there?
- As well as Private medical care, a Scottish Widows Pension including Life Assurance, you’ll qualify for a Blue Light card and associated shopping and leisure discounts. And if that is not enough, there is also the Mitie MiDeals: another discount scheme with over 3,000 offers available from your favourite retailers, leisure and utilities companies!
- We have a Virtual GP service to get ahead on appointments, and Employee Assistance Programme for any financial, relationship or mental health issues
- The Mitie Choices programme provides the opportunity to purchase extra Holiday Entitlement, Dental Insurance, Health cash plans, critical illness cover, and discounted gym membership.
- Own a piece of Mitie with a Save-as-Earn (SAYE) or Share Incentive Plan: A free share for every pair…
- You refer a colleague who successfully join us? That’s £250 each time!
What about opportunities for growth?
We will support you every step of the way, developing your skills to professionally deliver this rewarding, sometimes challenging role with integrity and respect.
- Ongoing professional development, accredited by Teesside University
- Forensic Licentiate for career progression: A Faculty of Forensic & Legal Medicine (FFLM) qualification, as well as a wealth of other online learning courses
- Opportunities to progress to Senior Healthcare Professional, and further
What are the minimum requirements?
- You’ll be a qualified RN Adult, RMN’s (with dual registration), RGNs or Paramedics
- Minimum of 2 years in Custody suites
- 3 years UK residency
- You’ll need a current manual driving license with no restrictions to sometimes travel to other custody suites or local hospitals
- All candidates are subject to police vetting checks
- Job Description, Senior Healthcare Professional, Jul-22 Update.pdf (85.85 KB)