Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 77,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Full time 40 hours per week
Salary: 38,000 per annum
- free parking in Cardiff city centre
- various discounts in the brands at the centre
- employee incentives from our client
The purpose of this role is to support the development and implementation of appropriate planned maintenance services across the St Davids Shopping Centre contract as directed by the Operations Facility Manager. The Engineering Manager will manage the teams and specialist contractors to support the implementation of business focused maintenance techniques and industry best practice ensuring that key performance indicators are met and compliance is maintained within the team of engineers and the building.
This highly technical role will include the identification and delivery of equipment based improvement programmes covering complex BMS and energy management systems through to more traditional building engineering services.
- Support the development of a truly business focused maintenance environment based on a sound knowledge of building services plant and equipment
- Deliver appropriate technical training bulletins and tool box talks to support business focused maintenance
- Ensure all maintenance techniques are relevant to business focused maintenance, best practice and statutory requirements
- Support regional teams with the upkeep of asset and PPM data and liaise with external agencies to ensure all information is up to date and accurate
- Identify continuous improvement projects based on data and information from various technical teams
- Develop relevant asset and PPM performance measures to support the maintenance strategy
- Support all technical teams on technical issues
- Support the management of safety critical personnel
- Undertake the role of Authorising Person for Electrical and certain Mechanical services
- Ensure suitable Management Information is captured, analysed and presented to stakeholders that can clearly demonstrate continuous improvement through maintenance best practice
- Report upon poor performing assets and present engineering solutions, including cost and benefit analysis to improve that performance
- Be aware of the business continuity plan for the part of the business you work in.
- To ensure all Health and safety requirements are continually monitored and implement any programmes to assist the site in improving. Health and safety and fire safety practises. This will include management of contractor health and safety.
- The Engineering Manager will need to have good financial controls on resource spend and all project work and be able to quote for works and raise PO’s from a running cost budget assigned to the building.
- The engineering manager will have Duty manager responsibilities taking total control and management of the building on a rota basis.