Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 77,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
- Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
- Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
- Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
- Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
o We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
o We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
o We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
o Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
o Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
Working within Central Government & Defence Operations Helpdesk under the USVF (United States Visiting Forces) contract, in a fast paced and challenging environment providing Facilities Management support and Customer Service administration activities based at RAF Mildenhall.
Working collaboratively and efficiently with key stakeholders, the Customer Experience Manager is a professional business partner to our client and end users. Through effective management, they will motivate and drive their team to deliver effective management of all helpdesk and administration activities to deliver the exceptional every day.
- Responsible for delivering consistently high quality performance and meeting compliance standards in order to achive agreed Service Level agreements with our clients.
- Accountable for meeting established Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) to ensure that financial penalties are not incurred as a result of any failures.
- Key player within the USVF Mitie management team with a defined responsibility for the fulfilment of contractual obligations for USVF ensuring that all specified helpdesk and customer-related agreements are met.
- Responsible for consistently thinking and acting innovatively to generate ideas and different ways of working in order to improve both customer service and business service.
- Responsible for ensuring that our people are trained, developed, performance managed and supported in order to meet and possibly exceed the expectations of the role, achieve their own aspirations, understand their career path and make this a great place to work.
- Provide opportunities for great collaboration with key stakeholders, both internal and external in order to resolve problems or issues quickly to ensure the consistent smooth-running of the Helpdesk.
- Seize all opportunities to engage with our people and improve working practices, sharing best practice across other CG&D Helpdesk teams to enhance the employee experience as part of the wider Mitie CG&D leadership team.
- Apply our policies, procedures and working practices in a consistent and open manner, treating all of our people fairly.
- Role is primarily Monday to Friday 08:00 to 17:00 but flexibility is key for this role
- Builds professional relationships with clients and internal stakeholders by drawing on own experience and utlising all available resources in order to both maintain and potentially improve those relationships and strengthen Mitie’s relationship with the supply chain.
- Manages customer service delivery end to end by keeping close to the operation, proactively identifying potential pain points and eradicating them and understand the precise situation regarding delivery of service at any given time to ensure SLA’s / KPI’s are delivered.
- Ensure that that there is sufficient operational resource to meet the customer requirements, being able to respond in real time and planning in advance.
- Is accountable for handovers to the OOH personnel and ensuring all training and updates are shared to keep their contract knowledge up to date and provide a seamless customer experience.
- Monitors and responds to short term contract volumes ensuring both proactive and reactive operational plans are in place to maintain customer service continuity and standards.
- Formulates plans regarding our people for engagement, recruitment, attrition succession planning, talent mapping acting as a champion making sure that attrition is healthy attrition, people are engaged and motivated to do their job and thrive and that we have future potential candidates ready for their next role.
- Proactively seeks customer feedback in the form or surveys and insights, compliments and complaints to ensure that our people are recognised for great service and that plans are made to address any areas that can be improved.
- Produces qualitative and quantitative management information by analysing all available information with a view to helping our people to understand the metrics, providing detailed information to management and ultimately generating ideas where efficiencies or improvements can be made.
- Provides expert advice and guidance to all stakeholders in facilities management (or a similar technical industry) helping others to understand operational complexities, jargon and acronyms in order to deliver smooth and efficient service.
- Keeps abreast with Facilities Management updates in the wider industry with a view to keeping up to date with new insights and ways of working keeping a constant check on where changes could be made for the better.
- Ensure that all customer contacts are dealt with professionally, taking ownership to ensure effective and timely resolution and supporting complaint resolution where issues arise.
- Responsible for making sure that all customer requests are raised, assigned, recorded, progressed, completed and responded to within specific contractual or procedural timescales in order to meet agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Keep up to date with relevant policies, procedures and working practices making sure that they are adhered to and that the team are compliant for audit purposes.
- Experience or understanding of MOD or background in the armed forces or USVF desirable
- Driven and dynamic individual who constantly evaluates their own performance
- Innovative thinker who is able to evaluate situations and generate ideas for improvements.
- Experienced / natural persuader who is able to influence people in a positive way.
- Experience of leading and motivating a team, preferrably within a customer service or helpdesk / call centre environment, in a demanding client-driven environment
- Proven ability to build an effective and cohesive team, leading by example, well organised, driven and flexible being able to prioritise and manage competing demands to deliver tasks on time.
- Confident user of IT systems, including proficiency in MS word, MS Excel and MS Powerpoint and comfortable with numerical reasoning.
- Takes ownership and shows resilience in the face of setbacks or pressure.
- Displays a ‘can do’ attitude to challenges that the team face, taking a logical and common sense approach, always considering what is the right thing to do in a given situation.
- Solutions oriented, providing proposed resolutions, taking ownership to fix problems and putting measures in place to prevent recurrence.
- Skillful in resolving difficult and complex customer issues and complaints.
- Strategic thinker, creative and intuitive having the ability to see the bigger picture and take this into account in decision making
- Able to remain calm under pressure, has the confidence of their colleagues and can communicate effectively across all levels.
- Requires Security Clearance to facilitate on site role
- Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
- Ensure compliance with Mitie’s information security procedures in all activities;
- Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
- Report actual and suspected security incidents;