Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 77,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
In your role as a Gritting Technician, your main duties will include:
- Driving a company vehicle with a gritting hopper and filling the vehicle with rock salt to distribute.
- You will report to a Contract Manager, attending customer sites during evenings to grit the premises and minimise the chance of accidents.
- The rounds will change depending on weather conditions, and the number of sites you visit will vary as a result.
What you’ll get in return:
- Holiday entitlement
- Pension contributions
- Life Insurance cover
- Discount through MiDeals to over 850 high street retailers
- Cycle to work, options to buy extra holiday
- Save as you earn scheme
- Share incentive plan
- Recognition and wellbeing incentives such as Mitie Stars and many other benefits.
- A full drivers license is required to drive the company van, and you will need suitable space to keep the works van at home premises.
- No previous experience is required as full training will be provided.
- You will need to able to work flexible hours on a call out basis, including working nights at very short notice (e.g. called the same day to work that evening).
- Due to the nature of the work, you must be prepared to work over the Christmas period.
This job description is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.