Website City of Midland
Employees hired in this classification are required to possess a Texas Commission on Fire Protection (TCFP) Structural Firefighter Certification and a National Registry EMT-Basic or Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) EMT-Basic Certification, at a minimum.
- Attends and successfully completes all emergency medical service training within the time frame allowed including, but not limited to, patient assessment, oxygen administration, spinal immobilization, bleeding control, and splinting.
- Attends and successfully completes all firefighting training within the time frame allowed including, but not limited to, connecting and carrying firehoses, carrying and setting up ladders, directing water and chemicals on burning structures, vegetation, vehicles, and other objects, ventilation and salvage operations.
- Be between the ages of 18 and 35, having not met the 36th birthday at the time of appointment.
- Possess a Texas Commission on Fire Protection (TCFP) Structural Firefighting Certification at the time of appointment
- A valid Texas driver’s license must be obtained prior to appointment.
- Successfully complete all entrance testing processes including, but not limited to, written examination, physical agility test, oral interview, medical physical, and background checks.
- Possess a high school diploma or GED
- Possess a National Registry or Texas Department of State Health Services EMT-Basic Certification, at a minimum, at the time of appointment.
Company: City of Midland
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Midland, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/AApply Here