Join us and you’ll become part of a crew, or a team, that works together to provide the best customer experience. If you’ve visited one of our restaurants before, you’ve probably got some idea of what’s involved in working here. But you might not realise the variety and scope of the role. We want every McDonald’s customer to have a brilliant experience, every time they visit. That means hot food in a clean and friendly restaurant. As a Crew Member, you’ll make it happen, whether you’re preparing food, serving on the till or being out in the dining areas looking after our customers’ needs.
A franchised restaurant is a restaurant operated by a local business person trading under the McDonald’s name. Currently over 80% of our restaurants in the UK are franchised but from a customer point of view there’s no difference. For employees there will be minor differences between a company and a franchised restaurant. Please refer to additional information for more details.
Midnight – 6am pays an additional £2.25 per hour
To join us as a Crew Member you’ll need to be confident in approaching and dealing with diverse groups of people. Friendly, courteous, and helpful behaviour will come naturally to you, and you’ll work well as part of a team. Effective communication skills such as attentive listening, face-to-face verbal communication and eye contact are a must. You’ll also need to understand the importance of maintaining high standards of quality and service as well as cleanliness. The ability to maintain high energy levels whilst working both efficiently and productively is essential. Finally, your appearance should be smart and clean.
Quite simply, you’ll be working in our fast moving, high energy environment and we’re looking for a genuine smile plus an ability to connect with customers and make them feel valued.
Apart from being a fun, flexible place to work, our McDonald’s offers so many benefits!
- Free meal whilst working (equating to an extra 90p per hour for full time employees!)
- Annual pay related performance reviews
- Employee discounts or cashback at hundreds of well-known retailers
- Private healthcare with AXA PPP after 3 years of service
- Flexible scheduling
- Opportunities for training, development and promotion
- Auto enrolment to a pension scheme when you turn 22
- Crew events, paid for once a year
- Employee of the month and quarter, offering the chance to win some fabulous prizes
- Recognition and rewards weekly
- Employee Assistance Programme provided by AXA
- Apprenticeship programme